Contributor

19.99 for 6 months Deal : Hidden Secrets !! Double Standards

[ Edited ]

I switched from At&t DSL to Comcast yesterday.  This is my second time being a comcast customer.  I went to DSL for lower price, but now I need more speed becasue I wanted to host clan games on PS3.  I went for the 19.99 for 6 months deal advertised by the representative inside a Fry's store.  I was told that I will get 6mbps down / 768 upload, but if tere aren't much power users around I could even go up to 10mbps at times.  My DSL was 2mbps down/ 400mbps up...  Now I have comcast, but I'm only getting 4mpbs down/ and 0.3 mpbs upload.  That means I can only host fewer playrs due to the lower upload speed.   I called up comcast, and the rep told me that she doesn't know why I'm getting only 4mbps, and the system is also showing 4mbps.  She then forwarded it to her boss.  I called the sales manager,  who sold the service to me.  When asked why am I getting only 4mbps, he went on the offense and told me that I didn't sign up for any other services like cable, or voice plan, so I can't get the 6mbps.  When asked about the upload speed he said I can always upgrade.  I'm already missing my At&t customer service.  I could have gone for the 6mpbs DSL, the speeds never wary.  Then I found this comcast Double standard pathetic policy online:
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2580

Message Edited by Starvin4HiSpeed on 05-06-2008 08:19 PM
Contributor

Re: 19.99 for 6 months Deal : Hidden Secrets !! Double Standards

Bascially I'm not getting what was adverstised to me and paying for something I don't get.
What do you guys think, should I go to BBB and complain, or is there another organization where I can complain.
Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]
I think that I'm seeing "double".

Message Edited by EG on 05-03-2008 09:56 PM
Contributor

What do you mean ???
That's the link to the same page !!!
Connection Expert
EG

:smileysilly:
Contributor

I see that you are a connection Expert.. What do you have to say about the issue.  I only deserve 4Mbps becasue I don't subcribe to other services...???
And the upload speed is way too low .. Isn't it???

Connection Expert
EG

Well I have to agree that any alleged deception is just plain wrong !

That said, this is a help forum, not a complaint forum.

This seems to be more of an administrative, rather than a connectivity issue...

We fellow subscribers really can't help with administrative issues.

In this venue, you can hope that an employee Administrator, Moderator, or CC Exec sees this thread and escalates this issue for you..

You could also send a private message to one of the Admins.

Contributor

Thanks...
I will get my my 6mbps one way or the other..

I actucally wanted the blast.. but it was too pricey..
But if I get blast now.. they are going to say I won't get 16mbps becasue I didn't subscribe to the other services that I didn't want...
Contributor

Ok no more posting here.. I found were I need to go..
https://esupport.fcc.gov/sform2000/new_complaints.action?request_locale=en
Connection Expert
EG

Please post back here with any issues that *we* may be able to help you with.

There are many knowledgeable regulars that can help with a myriad of issues :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor

I certainly think you were misled by Comcast.  If I were you, I'd go to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for starters.  You might also try your state's regulatory agency and your state's Attorney General - particularly if the latter has an Consumer Protection division.

In IL, cable services (TV and Internet) ALWAYS rank among the top five consumer complaints.  It is an industry that simply screams for more oversight and regulation, IMHO.
Connection Expert
EG

Pal. you are clearly trolling threads so I am reporting you to the Admins.
Regular Contributor

Be my guest.  I've spent most of my day on the phone, being told over and over again that I have to 'power-cycle' my modem and router, and that I'll have to pay for a visit if they don't find the problem.

All that I'm doing is letting others with the same connection issues know that they can troubleshoot their own equipment until the cows come home, and the problem will not go away.

While you're snitching to the Admins, ask if one of them has any connections with the network troubleshooting department at Comcast.
Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]
Pal. I feel your pain, but you are using the wrong approach here and are violating the forum guidelines, not to mention, you are affecting other posters here who are posting legitimate requests for help. You are making sweeping statements and not all of the other's issues are identical to yours, sorry....

Message Edited by EG on 05-11-2008 10:18 PM
Contributor

OP: Call in and have them pull your modem up in the diagnostics. Have them verify your boot file to you, write it down and post it in here.

As for the other guy... Wat. :smileysilly: