Contributor
chabina
Accepted Solution

AMBER LIGHT ON MODEM

I am a new Comcast customer[3 weeks]. I had comcast connect TV , voice and Internet. All was fine initially.

A few days ago the modem started displaying a yellow light [US] which i understand is UPSTREAM.

Before all lights were green except for the LINK light which continually flashes yellow.

The modem which Comcast supplied is an Arris TM722G/CT.It seems to be operating okay; just concerned about the change in lights.

Thanks,

Dave

Recognized Contributor
dummycvg

Re: AMBER LIGHT ON MODEM

TM722G Front Panel
The front of the Telephony Modem provides the following indicators.
A Battery: indicates battery status.
B Telephone 2: indicates status of line 2.
C Telephone 1: indicates status of line 1.
D Link: indicates Ethernet or USB (if equipped) connectivity between the Telephony
Modem and computer. It may be red or green to indicate the connection
speed.
E Online: indicates internet data transmission status.
F US: indicates upstream connectivity. It may be red or green to indicate the
connection speed.
G DS: indicates downstream connectivity. It may be red or green to indicate
the connection speed.
H Power: indicates whether AC power is available to the unit.

Amber1 = Connected to the Internet (high speed)
Green1 = Connected to the Internet (ultra-high speed)
Flash = Not connected to the Internet

What you have is perfectly normal and you should be going through any problems. Its just the type of connection you have with Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Instead of waisting your time waiting for a answer to your simple question all you had to do is go to the arrisi website and pull up the user manual and read about it yourself.

Contributor
chabina

The upstream light [F] is neither red nor green. It is amber. The link light [D]flashes amber. All others are green. When it was installed , all lights were green except the link which always flashed amber

Recognized Contributor
dummycvg

Amber. Red. Its the same thing pretty much. You only need to worry if the light is flashing or not on at all. If you really feel concerned about the amber light, you can try to bypass cable splitters, cable extenders, ect. That would give you the best signal possible to the modem and may turn the light green again. Other than that it will still work perfectly with the Amber/Red light located on the US light.

New Visitor
evlweevil

my us light is amber also, but i have issues with my uplaod for gaming on my xbox. how do i fix this issue?

New Visitor
stu_dowling

How are you going to give this guy a hard time about reporting that his light was yellow and not amber when you can't even spell the word wasting, maybe you should have consulted a dictionary before posting... no, wait, Comcast has a SPELL CHECK for posting messages.