11-27-2012 02:58 PM
These problems have been going on since the storm.
Basically I lose almost all connectivity through the internet and most of the TV
channels from 890 on up. Some channels are black, some are badly distorted.
All the modem lights are normal (Motorola SB6120) but I am getting major packet loss.
I can't even get on to pingtest.net or speedtest.net. In the rare event I can get on, I will
get outrageously high ping and jitter numbers.
I was scheduled for a tech to come in on 11/21 however the system seemed fine for the
past 3 days and I cancelled the appointment. Thanksgiving day everything went down again
and was like this through 11/26. 11/26 around 5 PM everything seemed to work fine, but when
I came back around 9pm it was all down again.
All cables are confirmed good.
Another call to Comcast Friday 11/23 resulted in another pointless talk with an Indian CSR
and a repair appointment for 12/1 !
Is anyone in the area having problems like this ? I find it hard to believe I'm the only one
exepriencing this issue.
11-28-2012 06:55 AM
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 or http://10.0.0.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
Connection and trouble shooting tips (How to check signal levels.) . Info you should post to get help.
The opinions expressed here are my own and are not sanctioned by my employer.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map