Regular Contributor
szeet
Accepted Solution

Arris Gateway Tg862G/CT USB Port Question

I'm a new Comcast Internet subsriber w/  a Comcast supplied  Arris Gateway TG862.

A neighbor is using NetTalk VOIP by plugging the Nettalk USB device directly into his

high speed modem.  

Is the USB port on the Comcst TG862 Gateway active?

Thanks 

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: Arris Gateway Tg862G/CT USB Port Question

No, the USB port on the Xfinity Wireless Gateways are NOT active, they are marked as "[Currently Not Available]".  Older versions of the manual said "For Future Use", not sure why they changed it, although I'm sure someone will pipe up and say "hey, maybe they are getting ready to activate it!".  I'll belive it when I see it.  Not sure what exact device you are describing, the devices I see connect to your computer for USB or for power draw to a power outlet.  The network interface is wifi or ethernet, so connection to a gateway or router or modem via USB is not likely to work.  I haven't read the Nettalk docs since I have no clue what device your're talking about but since they all have ethernet interfaces, it doesn't matter if the USB port on the gateay works or not, just connect via ethernet to one of you open LAN ports on the gateway.

Connection Expert
EG
Connection Expert
EG

Re: Arris Gateway Tg862G/CT USB Port Question

10 month old marked solved thread now closed.