Visitor

C omcast email access

I would like to cancel my Comcast Internet and switch to AT&T.  Will I still be able to access my comcast email?

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: C omcast email access

Well probably not for free.  I did the reverse and I pay ATT 12.00 dollars to keep my ATT email address alive and well.  My guess is that you can make a similar deal with Comcast, but you need to contact the Sales Department and let them know what you are planning. They will then probably switch you to the Retention Department where you can make your deal.

Visitor

Thanks James.  I do not mind paying a nominal fee during the transition.

Connection Expert
JamesR

tolbert30a wrote:

Thanks James.  I do not mind paying a nominal fee during the transition.

Not saying it is doable, but certainly worth exploring.  Remember I'm not Comcast.  I'm a customer just like you.

As it happens I kept the ATT connection and still get connections with long lost colleagues around the country.

Email Expert

I've never heard of Comcast offering this service, even for a fee.

Connection Expert
JamesR

[ Edited ]

Me neither, but then I had never heard of it being offered by ATT until I called in to close down my ATT account when I started up with Comcast.  At that point the Agent transferred me to the ATT Retention department and that person started jumping through hoops to retain my busineess.  Originally I paid 5.00 for my ATT enauk abd Webpage.  then they eliminated the webpage and jumped the price to 12.00 for my ATT email addresses.  Won't hurt to call in and see what they offer. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

I do hope the OP posts back with the final answer. 

I would suggest that if the OP discovers it cannot be done, that before making the switch to AT&T, that he set up an email client NOW and move all email from Smartzone to the email client. Which email client would depnd on which operating system the OP has.  I would also suggest that he export his address book,&  save it as a csv file so that he can later import it into AT&T.  It has been our experience that once an account is closed, the customer will no longer have access to old messages or to the address book.  This can occur immediately, or within a few days after discontinuing services.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.