New Visitor

Cable modem Receive light keeps blinking

I have a SB5100 cable modem and only the Receive light keeps blinking. I have been able to get service with no problem. I did however disconnect the ethernet cable from the wall outlet and unplug the cable modem as well, but these connections have been triple checked.
Please help. Thank you for any time and information.
Most Valued Poster

Re: Cable modem Receive light keeps blinking

The blinking receive light means the modem is unable to obtain an upstream connection. There is a problem on the network connection. Go to your modem status page at http://192.168.100.1 . In the next to last box from the bottom, you should see:
Cable Modem Status: Operational
If you don't see that, your modem is not online. Do you have any splitters in front of the modem? If you do, try connecting the modem without the splitter to see if you can get a connection. If you can, there is a signal loss issue on your cable connection. If you can't, and it does not return shortly, there is network problem. In either case, you need to get Comcast to fix it.
New Visitor

Re: Cable modem Receive light keeps blinking

Thank you for your help.
I did not know about the status page. It did say that my modem was offline however.
Upon further investigation, it was the coax cable itself that was bad. I replaced it and everything works fine now.