New Visitor
SunilG

Cannot connect to Modem settings!!

Hello,

I recently turned in my Comcast provided Netgear and cable modem kit for an Arris modem and wifi router. The setup works fine for getting onto the internet; however i cannot connect to the modem iteself to change its settings. The information provided suggested i go to http://10.0.0.1 which i have done several times to no avail. The comcast tech support made me go through the usual troubleshooting (power down, up, etc) but still nothing.

The real problem is that I cannot get my vonage device to work with the Arris. I wanted to check if VOIP has been turned off??

Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated.

SunilG  

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Cannot connect to Modem settings!!

Try a factory reset, press and hold the recessed reset button over 15 seconds with a pen tip, toothpick whatever. User id is admin, password is password

New Visitor
SunilG

Hello, thanks for the tip.

I have done a factory reset as well to no avail.

An online technician additionally did a restore to default from his end (dont know much detail other than this). This also did not do the trick.

Do I have a defective modem?

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

[ Edited ]

SunilG wrote:

Hello,

I recently turned in my Comcast provided Netgear and cable modem kit for an Arris modem and wifi router. The setup works fine for getting onto the internet; however i cannot connect to the modem iteself to change its settings.

There aren't any settings in the modem that you can change. If you are having issues, you would want to check the router. Try this before anything else tho:

1) Unplug the modem, router and Vonage device.
2) Plug in the modem and let it sync up.
3) Plug in the router and let it sync with the modem.
4) Plug in the Vonage device.