Contributor
UntakenUserName
Accepted Solution

DNS 75.75.75.76 intermittent DOWN

So, i've been troubleshooting my conneciton issues for a while now. It appears the 75.75.75.76 DNS server is inaccessible off and on all day long. Though for some reason it seems worse at night. Can't ping it, can't resolve DNS.

Since DNS caches and binds the results without failover until cache expiration this is exceptionally painful.

Any chance of getting someone to look in to connectivity issues with this DNS IP: 75.75.75.76

Thanks

New Visitor
towersales

Re: DNS 75.75.75.76 intermittent DOWN

Ditto - the same here. Connection comes and goes. Having to refresh my modem daily. Thought it was the moden and switched that out but the problem persists.

New Visitor
kimmorgan

What modem or EMTA do you have? After a long drawn out problem with Aris modem model#852 and 862 Comcast has finally admitted they SUCK.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Arris-TG862-Router-Randomly-Disconnects-WiF...

After I was told about the recall I took my modem and exchanged it at the local Comcast office. All they had to give me for my Aris 852 was an Aris 862, the OTHER recalled modem.

The next day.4-9-13,I noticed Comcast.net has the Aris modems in bright red ink saying there is a flaw in the modem software. If you read the fine print in your Comcast legal agreement  about internet disruption it says TUFF LUCK. If your internet is down due to any reason,that 's just your tuff luck. Unless it is down for 24 hour in a row there is nothing you can do about it. If you do complain loud enough they will give you a premium channel on cable free for 3 months.

Have a nice day.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

UntakenUserName wrote: ... It appears the 75.75.75.76 DNS server is inaccessible ...

75.75.75.76 is not a valid Comcast DNS server address. The server addresses are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76. See http://dns.comcast.net/

Contributor
UntakenUserName

@Bruce, you are right, I completely messed that up. Been testing the wrong IP. I'll continue to monitor, it still seems DNS related as name resolution fails but IP pings still work and my VPN maintains a connection on my work laptop. Thanks.

@kim I have the ArrisTG862G/CT, I will update that thread with my details and troubleshooting. My problem did start with getting this as a replacement. Though I still think its DNS not WIFI related.