New Visitor
martiniart

Enabling wifi on an SMCD3GNV gateway

[ Edited ]

Technician replaced my (owned) modem with an SMCD3GNV...could not provision it until after he left (later in the day)...did not leave the manual and I cannot find any manuals on line. Just need to know how to enable the wifi. There is a button on top of the unit, but no clue what it does. Any help is appreciated.

------------UPDATE------------

Got the answer...if anyone else has the same question, here is a link: http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=cf3b2c2f-c2ac-412b-b4bd-64070da185f3

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Enabling wifi on an SMCD3GNV gateway

Networking Expert
Baric

That's just the feature sheet, not a full manual.  I've tried several times to find a manual for this device since it's popping up more frequently in questions here, but it seems to be unavailable, even from SMC.  That is not a good sign.

New Visitor
xhen

wifi should already be active, look at the bottom of the device where there's serial number and you should see your network ssid and passkey. If you know what you r doing you can log into the gateway interface thru 10.0.0.1 and configure it.

New Visitor
julesjulian

Contributor
ara0530

Thank you!   I had the exact same que

martiniart wrote:

Technician replaced my (owned) modem with an SMCD3GNV...could not provision it until after he left (later in the day)...did not leave the manual and I cannot find any manuals on line. Just need to know how to enable the wifi. There is a button on top of the unit, but no clue what it does. Any help is appreciated.

------------UPDATE------------

Got the answer...if anyone else has the same question, here is a link: http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=cf3b2c2f-c2ac-412b-b4bd-64070da185f3

stion