New Visitor

Having trouble with internet connection and with new Docsis 3.0 Modem picked up today

My internet connection has been acting up since Nov 16th 2009.  It started out just lagging badly during the night time around 11pm-5am. Then just two days ago It was at the point where I couldn't even view webpages because of the slow response time.  I'm currently using ventrillo and playing World Of Warcraft and the connection has been terrible ever since the 16th.  I'm getting at least 400ms - 3,000ms pings in WoW and I'm hitting at least 400-1000+ pings on ventrillo.  I've spoken to two live techs online and 2-3 phone techs on the phone and nobody can figure out what the problem is.  I've done the soft/hard reboots and what not to the cable modem/router.  So today I went into the store to swap out the EMTA for the Docsis 3.0 modem and I am still recieving that problem and also the modem will not work with all 5 lights green it only works when the DS is lit up red.  Does anybody have a solution to my problems,  thank you in advance.
Connection Expert
EG

Re: Having trouble with internet connection and with new Docsis 3.0 Modem picked up today

You may have an RF signal connection quality issue that would affect any modem that you connect to the line. Any new modem connected needs to be provisioned by Comcast for internet service. If all signal stats are in spec a different modem will indeed sync up but you won't be able to get online to the internet. You will only see the "Walled Garden" modem registration page in the browser. Try starting here:

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&thread.id=69354&jump=true

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&thread.id=69355&jump=true

Post the requested stuff.

New Visitor

Re: Having trouble with internet connection and with new Docsis 3.0 Modem picked up today

Check the upstream and downstream signal levels by typing 192.168.100.1 in your address bar (after all the lights become solid). The upstream should not be greater than 50dBmV and the downstream should be between -10 and +10 - per Comcast's standards. If these levels are off, you may need to have a tech come out and look at this. There may also be some other variables that wont show on this diagnostic page that may be off as well...
Connection Expert
EG

Umm, that troubleshooting information is included in the links that I already provided for the original poster..
Contributor

Red/orange DS light on the Ambit modem

I have an AMbit u10c035 d3 modem.  The blinking red/orange DS light indicates that it is working in D3 mode.