New Visitor

How do i change my ip address

How do i change my ip address?
Service Expert
Bartleby

Re: How do i change my ip address

Others may drop by with suggestions on how to force an IP change, but for many of us the first question is, "why do you want/need to"?

If you've been banned somewhere, then you need to look for a legitimate way to get the ban removed.  And that's best accomplished with the administrators that implemented the ban.

If you think a different IP may help resolve internet traffic/routing issues, that's another story.

If your IP has somehow become the target of an "attack", that's also another situation.

But simply asking how to change your IP leaves most of us wondering about the answer to the first question posed in my reply.

More information, please?

Service Expert
Bartleby

Moved to a new thread, so the OP can answer my question, before we might proceed. And so aata's concerns may be addressed separately.

Bronze Star Contributor

If you have a router simply go into the set up (normally 192.168.0.1) and cahnge the MAC address.  Once the router resets, reset the modem and you should get a new IP.  Of course this shoudl only be done for legit reasons and to to bypass bans etc.