Contributor
comscott
Accepted Solution

How to Turn off, disable, or shutdown WIFI radio on Arris Modem TG852G ?

I got a new Arris Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem (TG852G, all-in-one cable modem), and want to turn off the WiFi radio on this modem. I made a lot calls to Comcast for helpbut I think I got all are wrong person who are supposed to know more than I do. So frustrated.

Need help, please.

Scott.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: How to Turn off, disable, or shutdown WIFI radio on Arris Modem TG852G ?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

In order to do this you have to have put the router in bridge mode.

Call 1-800-363-2416 and ask them to do this. They should be able to do this very quickly.

Contributor
comscott

Thank you very much for help. I am going to call Comcast at that No.

Have a wondeful day.

Connection Expert
EG

O.P. You do realize that if you do what the above poster suggests you will need to supply your own stand alone router if you wish to have a home network, right ?

Contributor
comscott

Reasd,

I just call that no. You give methey turned off WIFI right awayjust  easy like a piece of cake. I did about 9 calls before, nobody @ Comcast can't help me, even a tech person come in my home can't figure out a solution to my need. He just disabled SSID not to let  my wireless name shown on the public and told me " look, your wireless is gone.", but WIFI is still on.

The point is  we have to get a right person, like Reasd. Thank you again, Reasd, and you a wonderful season.

Scott

Contributor
comscott

Yes, you can't use the wireless futrue anymore. If you do want the wireless, you have to use your won wireless router, and it must be connected  to your Comcast cable modem.

Thanks for reminder.

Scott

Connection Expert
EG

comscott wrote:
He just disabled SSID not to let  my wireless name shown on the public and told me " look, your wireless is gone.", but WIFI is still on.

Your subject title suggests that you wanted the wireless radio "turned off/disabled". Just turning off the SSID broadcast does not fully accomplish this.

Contributor
comscott

Thanks.