04-04-2012 08:50 AM
Our modem (SB5101 - leased from Comcast) has been continually dropping the internet signal since we moved in. Had a Comcast tech out to install everything a few weeks ago and was told we were good, didn't move up until this past weekend and the modem has dropped the signal numerous times each day. I've spoken with a comcast rep online, cycled the power, disconnected the router, but still no fixes. I've been told to go get a replacement modem, but this one was just installed by one of their techs, so I suspect that will just be a waste of my time. Is there something else I need to be checking, or is hiking out to comcast the only possible solution.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-04-2012 08:55 AM
Please give us more information:
1) Please connect your computer directly to the modem via Ethernet ( no router, no wireless, no USB )
2) Run ShaperProbe and post your results. (It works with Win 7)
3) Post your upstream and downstream signal levels (click the link.) We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR).
4) Let us know to what speed tier you subscribe.
5) Post the make a model of your modem.
6) Post your modem's error l