New Visitor
EverydayJoe1

Intermittent Internet outages

I am now going on the 4th tech that has visited to help with my issue. I have been having issues with my connection going out every few hours. This last time the tech came out he replaced the line outside and now I will need to have my yard dug up so they can bury it. 1 hour after he leaves the connection was lost. I have been reading on the Internet that people have been having the same issues as me and feel that this is a comcast issue with over loaded nodes....who can I talk to that can really help. Forced to use my mobile service to access the Internet now...Do we as clients deserve reliable service we pay for??
Connection Expert
EG

Re: Intermittent Internet outages

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

New Visitor
EverydayJoe1

I read another post where you asked someone to do the same and you had to ask them to get a tech out. Having a tech out is not going to resolve my problem. The 4the tech was out this weekend and replaced the line outside an now my yard will have to be dug up. He said there was a problem with a "spike" showing the signal was getting hung up and the new line should help...well an hour after he leaves same problem. I had bought a new Motorola modem when the problem first started...it is a surfboard SB6141 docsys 3. I think the issue may be on comcast with overloaded nodes but you will not admit this I am sure. I am forced to continue to pay for unreliable service as FIOS is not available in this area. I think comcast knows this... I bet I won't get a reply and resolve to this either.
Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

I'm a fellow customer like you. Pardon me for trying to offer some advice. We've seen boatloads of posts here over the years where posters have had several tech visits and take for granted that the techs say the signals are right when they are not. Just checking, suit yourself.

Compare them to the values indicated here if you wish;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/125...

Good luck.

New Visitor
EverydayJoe1

Sorry...I didn't really know that you were a client. I truly do appreciate your reply. I am just so frustrated that I am in this situation. Thanks again...truly.
New Visitor
donnnad

Had the same problem-the Arris and the IP Gateway were too close together and overheating. Had to seperate them from all other heat sources. My ethernet cables were also not hooked up correctly (that done by one of the techs). Make sure it is not connecting both boxes.

Connection Expert
EG

Completely understand your frustration. No worries !! For the Halibut, post up the signals if you like.