New Visitor

Internet Connection problems

I've been having the same problems that others are experiencing on here with multiple Internet drop connections several times an hour for the past few days.  I've called Comcast and they've been giving me a load of garbage and I'm to the point right now of dropping Comcast and go elsewhere.

Oh and this...

Downstream Power - 4.4 dBmV SNR36.3 dB Upstream Power 48.4 dBmV

Contributor
estim8ted

Re: Internet Connection problems

join the club. i have an appointment set up for today to get a new modem or have useless tech check out what the problem. i dont even use the internet on my computer just for my ps3

Recognized Contributor
Gambit66

Inspect the Coaxial Lines:
Inspect as much of the coaxial cable line leading up to your cable modem for signs of extreme bends, cuts, loose or corroded connectors. If possible, try inspecting the coaxial lines from the point this cable enters your home up to the point where it connects to your cable modem. If you see a section of cable or any connectors that are damaged, try replacing the section of cable. Also, try disconnecting and re-connecting all of the coaxial connections that lead up to your cable modem to ensure each connection is tight, corrosion-free, and that the coaxial tip visible at each connection end is not bent.

Splitters:
Each splitter that is added to your cable line will degrade the cable signal slightly and may cause slower connection speeds or frequent modem disconnections. Normally, you should have one main splitter installed where the cable line enters your home with one branch feeding to the cable modem directly and the other branch feeding to all the TVs in the home. If you have multiple splitters on the coaxial line leading up to your cable modem, try by-passing these splitters and running a single coaxial line directly to your cable modem, if possible. This may disconnect any TVs that may be connected from these splitters but if this improves your modem connection, the problem can be attributed to either a faulty splitter that needs to be replaced or a potential signal problem that may require a technician visit.

Routers:
If you have a router connected to your cable modem that allows multiple computers to connect to the Internet, try bypassing the router to see if the connection improves. To bypass the router, disconnect the power cord from your cable modem and then connect one computer directly to the cable modem with one Ethernet cable. Once connected, plug the power cord back to the modem, wait for the modem lights to settle and indicate an online status and then try your connection again to see if the issue is resolved. If yes, then you may have a faulty router or you should troubleshoot the router firmware and settings to resolve the connection issue.

Connection Expert
EG
New Visitor

Well that didn't solve anything...
New Visitor

I've done all of that and still I'm getting dropped Internet connections. This is getting ridiculous and the Customer Service Agent at Comcast is complete rubbish...

Connection Expert
EG
Connection Expert
EG