Contributor

Internet drops everytime it rains. Stays out for hours. HELP

I have power, everything is connected and on an UPS. But when it rains, the internet drops. I check the cable modem

ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone WideBand Cable Modem
HW_REV: 3
VENDOR: Arris Interactive, L.L.C.
BOOTR: 1.2.1.25
SW_REV: 7.1.103
MODEL: WBM760A

And the upload and download "middle lights" either don't light up, or the first one just blinks as it searches for connection.

If I go outside where the two pieces of coax connect I notice there isn't a grounding wire anymore, but I'm not sure if there ever really was one. Regardless, if I "fiddle" with it enough, move it, whipe it down etc, it suddenly jumps back to life. I replaced the external coax grounding block "sorta looks like this http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master-Grounding-3274-Accessories/dp/B000BPEZKK " with no luck.

Not sure what else to do. I need steady internet for work when I'm on call "hospital thing" and this is driving me insane.

Connection Expert
EG

Re: Internet drops everytime it rains. Stays out for hours. HELP

Sounds like you need to book a tech visit.

Networking Expert
kevj

Make sure the connections are tight...if they are loose or there is any corrosion on the connector between the two pieces of coax, water may be getting in...As EG said, a visit from Comcast is advised, as it is outside wiring,and Comcast's responsibility to fix permananently. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Recognized Contributor

If you want to fix it yourself, here are a couple of suggestions:  remove the connectors and fil with dielectric grease.  This will keep the moisture out.  Loop the cables where the water will drip at the low end of the loop and not the connector.