Regular Contributor
stinny45

Is comcast working on the Netflix issue?

I like many others apparently can stream anything else fine but netflix at a decent rate.. I have a 60 meg connection. Netflix says they are investigating reports from many comcast customers about throttling.and left it at that with me. Is comcast doing anything on this issue? I've called customer support and always get the run around. I'm close to switching ISPs.

Connection Expert
EG

Re: Is comcast working on the Netflix issue?

Regular Contributor
stinny45

Yeah I already read that thread and didn't really feel confident anything was being done, especially with the way it was closed, as if someone wants the issue swept under the rug. I'm tired of waiting on hold for 30 minutes and getting the run around or being told I'm being transfered to another section of comcast only to hear a click and know I've been hung up on. This issue is real and needs to be fixed.

New Visitor
alexisa883

I am having the same frustrating issue. Tonight is movie night. Any word if Comcast is involved with resolving the Netflix connection?

Contributor
nallen84

[ Edited ]

In other news, Comcast dropped 5 places on Netflix bandwidth ranking. Coming in at 14th out of 17.

http://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/usa

And of course the recent net neutrality overturn in Comcast's favor:

http://periscopepost.com/technology-22/net-neutrality-overturned-will-netflix-have-to-pay-comcast-to...

I'm sure theres no chance Comcast is in some way responcible for all the Netflix slowdowns...

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: is Netflix throttling thier own customers?

[ Edited ]

Netflix needs to work on the netflix issue!

Netflix is responsible for providing & maintaining sufficient bandwidth capability from its CDN's, & thru its own contracted peering routes, so that its customers receive consistent streaming rates Even during peak usage evening hours.   Netflix is apparently not doing that.   If you bother to objectively investigate, its found that the so called throttling is being experienced by netflix customers at every ISP.

Netflix has an additional motivation behind this, but thats left for a different thread.

Bronze Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

nallen84 wrote:

And of course the recent net neutrality overturn in Comcast's favor:

The case wasn't about net neutrality.  The case was about FCC claim of implied authority, & FCC's attempt to reverse engineer a basis for that claim.  The court decision was that FCC doesn't have the authority to regulate Internet Providers as such.

Contributor
nallen84

[ Edited ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TATA Communications is associated with Comcast, yes?

Heres my tracert results on Comcast and through VPN, going to the same Netflix CDN (streaming is much more reliable on said VPN):

Comcast:

Tracing route to ipv4_1.lagg0.c063.ord001.ix.nflxvideo.net [108.175.39.156] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  unknown [192.168.1.1]
  2    10 ms     9 ms    11 ms  c-69-136-7-1.hsd1.in.comcast.net [69.136.7.1]
  3     8 ms    10 ms     8 ms  te-0-7-0-7-sur01.peoria.il.chicago.comcast.net [162.151.32.1]
  4    22 ms    20 ms    15 ms  68.86.197.177
  5    16 ms    19 ms    18 ms  he-3-14-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.94.125]
  6    29 ms    29 ms    29 ms  ix-2-2-1-0.tcore1.CT8-Chicago.as6453.net [64.86.137.37]
  7    41 ms    43 ms    41 ms  63.243.129.30
  8    57 ms    56 ms    57 ms  ipv4_1.lagg0.c063.ord001.ix.nflxvideo.net [108.175.39.156]

Hops 6 and 7 are TATA Communication links.

VPN:

Tracing route to ipv4_1.lagg0.c063.ord001.ix.nflxvideo.net [108.175.39.156]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  10.128.1.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    31 ms    15 ms    15 ms  ae2.er2.ord7.us.above.net [208.184.110.229]
  4    16 ms    16 ms    16 ms  zayo-ntt.ord7.above.net [64.125.12.86]
  5    16 ms    18 ms    20 ms  ae-8.r05.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.221]
  6    22 ms    17 ms    16 ms  ae-0.netflix.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.198.134]
  7    17 ms    15 ms    14 ms  ipv4_1.lagg0.c063.ord001.ix.nflxvideo.net [108.175.39.156]

Contributor
banditsc

I have yet to see any evidence that Comcast is actually working on the issue. Most all they are doing is deflecting the issue away from them when everything is pointing at them. They even locked the long thread on it, guess they didn't want anymore bad press about Comcast.

Official Employee
jlivingood

[ Edited ]

banditsc wrote:

I have yet to see any evidence that Comcast is actually working on the issue. Most all they are doing is deflecting the issue away from them when everything is pointing at them. They even locked the long thread on it, guess they didn't want anymore bad press about Comcast.

We are aware of these threads and the concerns expressed here. We are actively engaged. It is sensitive and we can't really say more than that right now. 

JL
National Engineering & Technical Operations
Official Employee
jlivingood

nallen84 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TATA Communications is associated with Comcast, yes?

If you mean interconnected with, then yes. We are also interconnected with many other networks.

JL
Regular Contributor
stinny45

Does that mean we are going to see answers, results or at least get an update soon? I've dealt with this for 2 months and Netflix is the main reason I have comcast. I'm very close to switching ISPs. I'm willing to wait a little longer if progress is being made

Contributor
nallen84

Yeah, right now Comcast blames Netflix, and Netflix blames Comcast. At this point I don't really care whoes problem it is, I think the two need to work togeather to resolve the issue. Which I'm sure is not easy, as they not only have to work togeather, but are also competitors.

Contributor
_George_

1st. Why some frustrate closed "Is comcast blocking netflix?" thread.

2nd. I've just plugged in my new ipv6 capable router and can say that when browser goes through ipv6 i have no problems streaming even during network congestion hours.

Regardless whose fault the situation is, Comcast and Netflix show absolutely no decency whowing the "it's not on my yard" attitude. As soon as I have alternative I'm dropping both. BTW, I know five households in Chicago area that in last two weeks cancelled Comcast or Netflix due to the issue discussed here.

George

Contributor
kosh56

There is definitely a big issue in Chicago right now. I have two co-workers with Comcast / Netflix and they are both having this issue as well. We live about 15 miles away from each other.

One of my co-wroker today contacted AT&T Uverse. None of us have plans to drop Netflix so Comcast better get this sorted out.

Regular Contributor
RICKYMXR85

I live in Chicago too. My wife recently watched 7 seasons of Dr. Who in 2 weeks on Netflix and she didnt complain about it, however she definitely had longer loading times then I am used to seeing, including freezing at 25% several times. Gaming has been attrocious for me at all hours of the day/night. Speed tests will bounce all over with pings mostly around 11, but up to 50 on some tests. DL speeds primarily at 57, but drop to 20 on the occasions that the ping hits 50. The speedtest is always spiking up and down.

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

Ok, I'm in Albuquerque NM, and have been trying to figure out where the poor netflix resolution problem is. Until today I've had the 50Mbps plan. I've been using the Ookla Speedtest, the Speakeasy speed test, and the Netflix "Example Short 23.976" to monitor download speeds and streaming speeds. The first two testing programs confirmed better than 30Mbps for the last month which was the limit of my modem.  The netflix program was always erratic with anywhere from 235kbps to 3000kbps download...but never higher. We decided to get DSL to compare. Today, I finally got my CenturyLink ADSL 1.5Mbps (just 1.5Mbps!) fully up and confimed at 1.56Mbps download. Then my wife and I watched "Law and Order" as usual and were shocked. We saw better resolution than we've had in 3 months with the 50Mbps
Comcast service! And, after it ramped up it was a steady higher definition. I've reduced my Comcast service to the 3Mbps plan to compare to that. My observations are that either Level 3, Comcast, or someone else is limiting the Netflix streaming that comes down my Comcast cable.

New Visitor
DonaldDuck23

From someone that has Brighthouse and Comcast.  I use Netflix with both.  The problem is with Comcast.  Brighthouse provides HD quality with no pauses.  Comcast is terrible.  Looks like Universal is pulling more garbage like the Weather Channel FTV fiasco.  Even suggesting Streampix.  

New Visitor
Gamerchick52

Wow, I just posted a thread asking about this just now.  So Comcast has already started throttling Netflix now? Well, I guess I will have to switch to AT&T if this keeps up.  I just cancelled my cable TV because it was just too expensive to keep a bundled package.  I am paying for the faster internet service that is running 60+ dollars a month.  I feel as a customer we are getting screwed if Comcast is doing this.

Contributor
kosh56

[ Edited ]

ErnestNM, Have you been able to confirm that your connection is via Level 3? Here in Chicago we are being routed through a Tata link which is overloaded and apparently Comcast isn't upgrading it.

Apparently, this is a standard practice for them to extort more money from the networks:

http://www.internap.com/2010/12/02/peering-disputes-comcast-level-3-and-you/

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

kosh56,   I have not.   I only used the three programs I mentioned.  I mentioned Level 3 because of what I read previously.  I really don't care who is doing it as I pay for a Mbps service for all providers that can deliver.  For the last year and one half that has been primarily Netflix.   I just don't need the super speed anymore...mostly never did.   We dropped DirecTV and started Netflix and have never regretted it.  At 1/10 the cost and 50x the satisfaction we are happy.   So, whoever gives us the best Netflix experience gets our money.   We now have 3Mbps with Comcast and 1.5 Mbps with CenturyLink and the total bill is $20 less than before.  Going forward Comcast should deliver twice the Netflix resolution.   If it doesn't by the end of next month, we will likely drop the service.   CenturyLink is due to upgrade this area up to 12Mbps in the next few months.  But, even if they don't we are currently very satisfied with their cost at $50 less than before.  

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

dj280 said "If you bother to objectively investigate, its found that the so called throttling is being experienced by netflix customers at every ISP"

dj280, This is not the case with respect to my new CenturyLink 1.5Mbps account. As I said in my previous post, all day yesterday I got better resolution with it than the previous 3 months with Comcast 50Mbps service. I now have the Comcast 3Mbps service that is Speedtesing to 7.49MBps....kudos to them. Now, maybe Centurylink will have the same issues when I get past the 30 day money back guarantee. I won't know until then. However, this whole issue has caused me to reassess my ISP expenditures and bandwidth useage. I don't game and the 1.5Mbps CenturyLink connection provides the same page download and refresh rates I am used to and higher netflix quality than the past 3 months with Comcast. In a few days, I will change the blueray player connection back to Comcast and see what we get. But, for now the CenturyLink connection streams Netflix fine.

New Visitor
fusinski

I am experiencing the same issue for about the past week.  We actually had a Comcast Internet outage that customer support and the level 2 modem support could not explain, to the point where we scheduled a service tech to come out and take a look.  Next day I get a call from someone down the pipe saying "sorry, it was a problem on our end."  Ever since: I cannot stream netflix at anything above what I would describe as ultra-poor quality.  Amazon and HBO Go both come across in HD, but netflix is worse than SD.

I have spoken with both Netflix and Comcast now several times.  I think I will find another ISP before I cancel with Netflix.  Beyond frustrated.  Given that I am getting a consistent 28 Mbps down and have no issue with any service other than Netflix and have spoken with them at length and in tremendous detail, I am left to believe that something is wrong on the Comcast end.

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

fusinski,   You might want to try what I did. Drop the Comcast speed to the 3Mbps level and get a DSL ISP at 1.5-3.0Mbps or more. You may be able to reduce your total bill to less than before as I did. And, you can switch back and forth to see which one is better.   I picked up CenturyLink at 1.5Mbps and we just finished watching "Star Trek: Nemesis" with at least 640x480 and possibly 720x640 definition. This is the second full day of high Neflix resolution. But, I can only have the Blu-ray connection to that line to get that definition. With my computer also attached and idle, it brought the resolution down below SD where the Comcast resolution has been for the past 3 months or so. But, at least with this arrangement I get consistent HD and $20 less than before. And, on Comcast, the web pages I regularly access appear to be nearly as quick to load. I've had much higher speed than I really needed for several years now.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Contributor
power_excell

I've only had comcast for a week and already frustrated with them. Not only does Netflix not work but I loose connection almost daily since I've had it. Luckily I haven't cancelled my previous ISP yet. Im not sure what they are doing but connection is slow, but when I do a speed test it doesn't show it. Im a Network Technician and they have got to be throttling no other explanation. I have to use my other ISP for netflix which works great. but as soon as I try it with comcast doesn't work. Spent hours doing tests. Its not a Netflix issue its a comcast issue

Regular Contributor
stinny45

Can someone from Comcast let us know that this is being resolved or whether I should just switch isps if I want to watch Netflix? I'm about to just switch.

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

power_excell, Have you used the Netflix test program "Example Short 23.976"? Search for it at Netflix. Pick the 1st one as there are several  and only the first one has realtime speed statistics on the screen. You can also get to a whole variety of other streaming statistics by pressing Shift+Alt+"Click on screen". That brings up a small diagnostic window with several selections.

Prior to 3 days ago, and for the last month with my previous 50Mbps Comcast service, it would read 235kbps for a long time and go up to 375kbps about midway through and only occasionally to 560kbps. The 560kbps gives 512x384 resolution. Only very early in the morning did it ever get to 3000kbps which gives 1280x720 resolution. This morning it went up to 3000kbps. I think this may be the highest resolution for this video  and is perfectly fine for me. With my 1.5Mbps CenturyLink connection it will start at 560kbps and work quickly up to go up to 1050kbps (640x480 resolution) and, a short time later get up to 3000kbps (1500kbps is my ISP speed)! I think this is because it buffers for a while at 1050kbps and then plays the 1280x720 until it runs out...which for this short video it does not.

Check it out on both ISPs

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

power_excell,

Have you used the Netflix test program "Example Short 23.976"? Search for it at Netflix. Pick the 1st one as there are several  and only the first one has realtime speed and resolution statistics on the screen. You can also get to a whole variety of other streaming statistics by pressing Shift+Alt+"Click on screen". That brings up a small diagnostic window with several selections.

Prior to 3 days ago, and for the last month with my previous 50Mbps Comcast service, it would read 235kbps for a long time and go up to 375kbps about midway through and only occasionally to 560kbps. The 560kbps gives 512x384 resolution. Only very early in the morning did it ever get to 3000kbps which gives 1280x720 resolution. This morning it went up to 3000kbps. I think this may be the highest resolution for this video  and is perfectly fine for me.

With my 1.5Mbps CenturyLink connection it will start at 560kbps and work quickly up to go up to 1050kbps (640x480 resolution) and, a short time later get up to 3000kbps (1500kbps is my ISP speed)! I think this is because it buffers for a while at 1050kbps and then plays the 1280x720 until it runs out...which for this short video it does not.

Check it out on both ISPs

Contributor
power_excell

ErnestNM,

I have not tried that test program on Netflix. Thanks for the tip. I will try that when Im home, if it will ever load. I also have Centurylink. Was gonna be my previous ISP but I think I may keep it for a bit until this is all sorted out. So now it just became my backup. lol.  I switched to comcast because they offer better upload speeds for when I work from home. My connection for work sucked with Centurylink and streaming sucks with Comcast. Guess I can't have the best of both worlds. The thing about it is, I shouldn't have 2 ISPs to do what I want. Its ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

ErnestNM wrote:Only very early in the morning did it ever get to 3000kbps which gives 1280x720 resolution. This morning it went up to 3000kbps. I think this may be the highest resolution for this video  and is perfectly fine for me.

I believe 3000 kbps is the maximum in a browser with Silverlight. To get 5800 kbps (and 5.1 sound) on a PC you have to use the dedicated Netflix application in Windows 8.

Regular Contributor
ErnestNM

power_excell,

I felt the same about two ISPs. But, since my total cost is now $20 less than before, I may stick with this arrangement so that I have a redundant internet connection. If one ISP has problems, I can use the other. However, when CenturyLink upgrades to 12Mbps in the next few months as they indicate they will, and if they continue to stream HD quality, I will likely drop the Comcast service...unless they fix their Netflix issue. And, the CenturyLink rep told me that my payment would not go up at that time...I'm not sure I believe that though.

By the way, if you don't mind, where are you located...I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Contributor
power_excell

I'm located in Minneapolis. For Centurylink I have 20 meg/down and 856k/up. Dedicated fiber. I would have stuck with them but they dont offer higher upload speeds for what I need. But Neflix works like a charm on their network.  

Official Employee
jlivingood

stinny45 wrote:

Can someone from Comcast let us know that this is being resolved or whether I should just switch isps if I want to watch Netflix? I'm about to just switch.

As we said above - 

We are aware of these threads and the concerns expressed here. We are actively engaged. It is sensitive and we can't really say more than that right now. 

JL
Contributor
DrMojo

[ Edited ]

Comcast is holding Netflix hostage. Here's why. In 2012 3.2% of customers cut cable from their service yet retain internet services. In 2013 that number increases to 6.3%. And one can estimate the hemorrhaging of cable tv clients will continue, likely exceeding 10%+ in 2014 and by 2015 will likely exceed 20%+. These figures are not compounded. They are losses for each individual year.

Comcast is panicking.

At this juncture, Netflix is stating they have no legal recourse since Net Neutrality was overturned by the the circuit court, which was brought on by Verizon. The FCC Commissioner is determined to rewrite Net Neutrality with teeth (previous version was simply a prophylactic).

What can we do as consumers in the meantime?

Change ISP if at all possible.

Use our pocket books to fight back. You'll likely not need anything over 6Mbps, unless you have multiple users in your household. So downgrade your service if you can and cancel cable.

Each municipality decides who can provide ISP and cable services through a licensing service contract with the cable company. Complain about what is transpiring, pointing out the egregious behavior by Comcast and ask them to cancel their license agreements in your community because they are inhibiting your rights as a consumer. They'll open for bids and there will be other cable companies waiting in the wings to pick up the system from your community.

You may, as an individual, sue Comcast in small claims court (damages can be treble in California; a $10,000 award then becomes $30,000. No attorneys can be present (in California) and they will likely not show. There is no appellate process in small claims court. So if Comcast loses, they have no recourse. You then place a mechanical lean(s) against Comcast until full payment is received. The Mechanical lean will prohibit Comcast from improving their ISP backbone, cable, etc, nor sell, trade, etc, until all leans are satisfied. This also may interrupt dispersment of share holder's capital gains.

Contributor
Canker

Starting to look like I'm going to have to "upgrade" from my 50 Mbps Comcast service to Frontiers 6 Mbps service just so I can use Netflix again.  How lame.

Regular Contributor
stinny45

So Jlivingood would it be safe to say from your cryptic answers that if I want to enjoy Netflix again I should switch ISPs? Honestly just saying it's a sensitive issue is not enough to keep me as a customer. I need more to go on here. I've been a Comcast subscriber for four years but am very disheartened by this recent situation and feel betrayed.

Contributor
kosh56

I'm sorry, but it's a "sensitive" issue because Comcast doesn't want to admit that they are holding their own customers hostage. If it were only a simple matter of overloaded ports that need to be upgraded, it wouldn't be a sensitive issue.

Official Employee
jlivingood

[ Edited ]

DrMojo wrote:

At this juncture, Netflix is stating they have no legal recourse since Net Neutrality was overturned by the the circuit court, which was brought on by Verizon. The FCC Commissioner is determined to rewrite Net Neutrality with teeth (previous version was simply a prophylactic).

Comcast is still bound by the FCC's Open Internet rules by special agreement with them a few years ago -- the court ruling did not affect us. 

edit -- just found the quote our PR folks released to the media on this:

Comcast Corporation Statement on action by the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in Verizon vs FCC from David L. Cohen, Executive Vice President:

“Comcast has consistently supported the Commission’s Open Internet Order as an appropriate balance of protection of consumer interests while not interfering with companies’ network management and engineering decisions.  As a result, we agreed in the NBCUniversal Transaction Order to abide by the Open Internet rules for seven years even if the rules were modified by the courts.  We remain comfortable with that commitment because we have not – and will not – block our customers’ ability to access lawful Internet content, applications, or services.  Comcast’s customers want an open and vibrant Internet, and we are absolutely committed to deliver that experience. 

We are committed to work with Chairman Wheeler and the Commission to play a constructive role in finding an appropriate regulatory balance going forward that will continue to allow the Internet to flourish.  Given the DC Circuit Court of Appeals holding that the FCC has jurisdiction in the broadband arena to preserve and facilitate the innovation that has driven the Internet, we are optimistic that the Commission can accomplish this result while avoiding inappropriate common carrier regulation.”  

JL
Contributor
banditsc

If your playing within the FCC's rules then why is this such a sensitive matter? We are just asking for a timeline for this to be fixed. You can see your customers are leaving for other vendors as they can't get what they are paying for or an answer on when and if this might be fixed.

Regular Contributor
Gov0525

[ Edited ]

JL,

Can you confim whether or not this will be in fixed in the near future?  I have been a Comcast subscriber for over 20 years and between this problem and the X1 "beta" technology, I am at my wits end!  I have been patiently waiting to see how X1 develops and with this lastest Netflix issue, I am almost out of patience here.

If you confirm that there is in deed a known problem and it WILL be fixed sooner than later, I can accept that.  So, JL (or any Comcast employee), how about alittle more transparency on your part.

Thanks

Contributor
DrMojo

[ Edited ]

JL - You are, without question, misrepresenting the facts, producing disinformation. You are unquestionably filling the role of a public relations mouthpiece on behalf of Comcast.

The press release is utter rubbish. If they were following what they claim to be saying, this would unquestionably not be happening. Therefor, the press release is disinformation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

And if Comcast claims it is somehow bound by FCC oversight, in this case, since the overturn of Net Neutrality, it is clearly falling on deaf ears and you are, without question, overstepping your obligations to your clients. Corporate attorneys are paid assassins - They will find any means to circumvent businesses and consumer rights.

I absolutely disagree with your spin on the matter. I am fully aware Comcast is not only throttling Netflix, but ramping speeds up down simultaneously within the throttling footprint, making it nearly impossible for some streaming platforms to settle upon a speed, thus causing streaming platforms to produce unwatchable Netflix content; freezing, crashing, which in the case of a Samsung Smart Hub, requiring the consumer to pull the power supply. This in turn stresses capacitors in the set which may lead to intentional (malicious) damages by Comcast.

Furthermore, you are ignoring industry stats. Comcast is seriously threatened by cable cutting and the impact Netflix has had upon Comcasts business model(s). But on the other hand, most clients will think the issue is with Netflix when it is unquestionably under Comcasts control. This is deemed as intentional industrial sabotage.

Comcast is out to produce maximum damage upon Netflix, instead of reinventing itself. This is the future and if one doesn't adapt, one will simply left behind.

Netflix is the only service being treated this way. This has been validated through extensive research and testing. No other streams, at this time, are inhibited. Research statistics do not lie.

I have personally contacted House and Senate members of mass-com, technology committees with regard to the unfettered abuse by Comcast in their constituency districts. Mr. Rockefeller (D-WV) is fighting the overturn and is exploring a means to get ISPs in line. DC is closed, at present, due to a severe snow storm. So if you want to voice your opinion, do so at the local level. Also be aware, if you use the Congressional mail systems, your complaint will likely take well over 30 days before it even reaches the representatives offices. Use FAX numbers, again, in the representatives constituents districts to voice your opinion. You'll expedite awareness in a more timely manor and increase efficiency in the process. The more complaints, the quicker the government will respond.

Comcast through inhibiting throughput violates consumer rights and protections. But worse than that, they are damaging their own name brand. Once the public becomes more enlightened on the matter, more subscribers will become even more infuriated and will be more prone to be proactive. Understand, this literally impacts millions of Americans. It is hard to conceive this will be allowed to continue, but it will take time, and even longer, if you do not voice your opinion.

As as far as some sort of settlement between both Comcast and Netflix, Comcast is attempting to extort hundreds of millions of dollars, annually, through this so called process. And it will never end.

If this precedence is established, every IP business will be impacted, forever, and will be at the mercy of all ISPs extortion schemes.

Regular Contributor
stinny45

[ Edited ]
At this point I'd say contact local government and local newspapers. It's important to get the word out there and warn potential customers
What they are getting into. Comcast is doing us dirty and it's time to fight back. Get the facts out there and generate some negative PR.
I feel insulted by the way Comcast had handled this.
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Not going to do us any good to complain to the press or anyone else. Comcast has already stated that they "are actively engaged" in getting the issue resolved. Presumably this means they are in talks with other parties to get the issue fixed. For now, I think we'll just have to be patient.  

Contributor
DrMojo

Nurdburg. If I understand what you are saying, lets all put our heads in the sand and ignore what is transpiring. I'm afraid passivity will only make matters worse, in this case.

Official Employee
jlivingood

banditsc wrote:

Check your PMs

JL
Official Employee
jlivingood

stinny45 wrote:

Check your PMs

JL
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

DrMojo wrote:

Nurdburg. If I understand what you are saying, lets all put our heads in the sand and ignore what is transpiring. I'm afraid passivity will only make matters worse, in this case.

All I'm saying is that I think Comcast has heard us and we need to give them a little time to get the situation settled. 

Visitor
kevin1979

I've had this same issue for over 2 months now. I'm really contemplating dropping Comcast or at least dropping my internet speeds since there isn't any reason to pay for fast speeds if I can't even get Netflix to stream in HD.

Also, what is with the secrets JL? Instead of sending certain people PM's, why don't you just post an update on here so everyone can see it?

Contributor
Canker