07-16-2012 07:47 AM
I have the plan, High-Speed Internet. Connectivity seems to be on and off. I have a Motorola modem. Occasionally internet (and my wifi) drops for a few minutes then work again. This is frustrating. What is even more frustrating is when I use video chat software (Skype, Oovoo, Google Video chat), the video quality is usually very low and poor! Please advise. NOTE: I am not a tech person so please write accordingly. Thanks!
07-16-2012 01:16 PM
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
- Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map