New Visitor
Soccermax2010

Keep losing internet connection

So i have the comcast internet and i ordered the free router that comcast provides, I assembled it and i set the wireless and everything runs fine.. Until a few hours later the internet connection from the router to the modem gets lost.. thats what i prosume.. There still is wireless connection but not internet feed, i had to shut off my router and turn it back on; then it works. Is there any way to fix this?

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: Keep losing internet connection

Can you provide a list of the lights on the modem and their status at the time of failure? (Off,On or Flashing )? What make and model is your modem?
New Visitor
KieDK

[ Edited ]

I had a similar problem at one time, where I'd have service and then it would cut out for just a moment and come back on. If that is it, its a loose coax cable somewhere in the house or the connection to the pole outside.

Do not climb the pole in an attempt to tighten it, if you checked your entire house. Contact your local Comcast office and have a professional do it.

But if it is not it may be a local problem as some worker in Richlands cut a fiber optic cable killing everyone's service in a similar way you are describing.

If it persists attempt to contact customer service.

Connection Expert
EG

WOW....