Visitor

Kindle Fire

Trying to use my new Fire.  It recognizes my network, but after I put in my password is just keeps searching for the IP address and never seems to find it.  What can I do?

Visitor

Re: Kindle Fire

When I go to Xfinity web site and try to watch a movie or TV program on my Kindle Fire, I get the message to wait while Xfinity installs a player.  However, the screen locks at this point and the player is not installed.  What's the solution. 

New Visitor
BrandonCO

Same issue here.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

there is no xfinity app for the kindle fire, there is an android app for xfinity but you can't do anything with it besides schedule recordings on your dvr if you have a motorola box.   Many people are posting about trying to use apps and things with the fire and  are now going to find out that the kindle fire is suped up ereader not a full tablet.    I wish you luck. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

gretgret1 wrote:

Trying to use my new Fire.  It recognizes my network, but after I put in my password is just keeps searching for the IP address and never seems to find it.  What can I do?

That is your home network issue, you own that router and you have the passcode. comcast is just supplying you with internet access only. 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

It's going to depend on the brand of router.  

Read this sticky thread in the Home Networking part of this forum about how to find your network password and perhaps enter your device's MAC number.

See some Kindle help at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200690850#password

Visitor

Thnks to all.  Finally used my WEP key--that worked.  Still had problems  with my Fire so they're sending me a new one.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

well good luck with the new one but it still wont work with comcast service.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Rog, there are two people posting in this thread.

One person wants to use the Xfinity TV app to watch movies. That isn't going to work because the Xfinity TV app for Android does not work with the Kindle Fire.

But the original poster wanted help to get online and get to websites. That should work. The Kindle Fire does have a web browser, but the pages are cached at Amazon. Rather than speeding up browsing, it may slow down browsing. Some articles are suggesting turning off the acceleration:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-disable-web-browser-acceleration-in-the-kindle-fire

And there is a NetFlix app for the Kindle Fire. So it is possible to watch movies and shows.

Connection Expert
EG

Some will never "get it"...