Recognized Contributor

Level 5 TEK Invalid - Invalid Key Sequence Number

What is the level 5 TEK invalid??

1.  Is the event log sent to CC automatically?

2.  If not, can us commoners get a doc on what the info is?  What good is the event log if it cannot be deciphered by us & no one is paying attention?

3.  Is the level 5 more serious than level 3 since the level 5 doesn't get overlaid?

The computer was off when the "TEK invalid" occured:

5/16/2010 6:0260502065TEK Invalid - Invalid Key Sequence Number
Connection Expert
EG

Re: Level 5 TEK Invalid - Invalid Key Sequence Number

[ Edited ]

citrus wrote:

What is the level 5 TEK invalid??

Google search results;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSHB_en&ei=ULjwS4aJHY...

1.  Is the event log sent to CC automatically?

I'm afraid not.

2.  If not, can us commoners get a doc on what the info is?  What good is the event log if it cannot be deciphered by us & no one is paying attention?

The modem "event log" was made primarily for technicians to interpret and not for end users..

3.  Is the level 5 more serious than level 3 since the level 5 doesn't get overlaid?

The computer was off when the "TEK invalid" occured:

5/16/2010 6:02 6050206 5 TEK Invalid - Invalid Key Sequence Number

That doesn't matter. These messages can be generated even if nothing is connected to the LAN side of the modem.

Recognized Contributor

I've only read a few of the postings from the url & it seems some were getting the TEK invalid error under VM or file xfer.

Don't recall any tech looking at the event log, at least prior to the ARRIS as the info wasn't available to me either on RCA or the Scientific Am. modems.

The Comcast phone mail has an auto response when "hearing" the word modem; the response is to come here to the Help & Support Forum for help no matter what the problem is.  At least it allowed me to say "agent" to get a live person, so far.

So, my grumpy posting.

Connection Expert
EG

citrus wrote:

Don't recall any tech looking at the event log,

Well shame on them then..

Recognized Contributor

The TEK invalid go overlayed!  Probably reason why the techs don't look at the log especially it gets "refreshed"/reset when the modem part (DOCSIS) get reset;  just found out some stuff get overlayed when the MTA part get reset (rebooted?).

Found that the MTA got resetted as the system uptime shows 2 hr uptime now; & it refers to the telephony part.  I do recall when I used the modem reset button EVERYTHING got refreshed.  But now some old stuff from last month is still showing on the log.

Am very puzzled about the ARRIS behaviour.   Only 2 days more for a tech to show up.

Got a flyer that lots of changes will be done in my area regarding the TV channels & the new tiers for internet speed (official).  Big switchover is on 6/18 which I think refers to after midnight so one should stop everything after 11:30 PM on the day of 6/17 since connections will be reconnected/reconfigured to the newer speed tiers.