New Visitor
means110

MODEM/ROUTER

I am switching from AT&T to Comcast internet "Performance" Pkg. - Wondered what DOCSIS 3.0

modem/router to purchase?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: MODEM/ROUTER

Hello,

Stay away from the comcast gateways customers are having lot of problems with. You are better of getting a wireless router and hook it up separately to the modem. Here are a list of approved modems.

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

New Visitor
means110

How do you like the Zoom 5350 modem/Router with docsis 3.0 speed? Also, will I loose all my sbc email contacts when I switch to Comcast? I use Yahoo.

Recognized Contributor
doombrother

[ Edited ]

get the 5341j... it is a superior modem.. and then a good seperate N class gigabit router... id go with netgear or linksys..

Contributor
P27522

I've got a Motorola SB 6121 and Belkin N600 and its a great combo so far (3 weeks)
New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Finally hooked up to Triple Play after having internet and TV for years. The comcast provided modem/router sucks after having it for 5 days. I hooked up my existing comcast modem and d-link router. Everything works great as before, but no phone hookup now. What are some choices for modem router that will work with comcast voice? I was told at Comcast that Best Buy might have something but would rather hear form someone with some experience using a comcast alternative. I have the Blast, if that helps.