New Visitor

Modem LED Lights and Internet Connectivity

I recently activated an Arris TM822 modem. I don't seem to be having any connection issues however, the Link LED light is blinking Orange. Chatted online with a Comcast Service Rep and he assured me that that is correct. 

I have a Linksys Wireless N router connected as well. When I disconnect the router and connect the computer directly to the Modem, the Link LED light blinks green. 

Does anyone know if the Orange indicator means anything or is this correct. On my old modem (Motorola) the Link LED light blinked green even when connected to the router.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Modem LED Lights and Internet Connectivity

Simply means that when connected to the router it's connected to a 10/100 connection, when connected to the computer it's getting a 10/100/1000 connection. I wouldn't worry about it,...

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Just set up mine, blinking orange, working fine.

Connection Expert
EG

OP. More specifically, your computer's NIC (Network Interface Card) has a GigE (1000 Mbps) ethernet port whereas your router has only a (100 Mbps) ethernet port. Unless you subscribe to their Extreme 105 speedtier it really doesn't matter. With a more modern router that has more horsepower you would get faster *inter-LAN* transfers.