New Visitor
wadewynn

Modem can not handle speed paid for

I have a question. I purchased the Premier package a while ago and it says speeds up to 50MBPS. My modem went out and I had a guy come out and replace the 2.0 modem and he said this 2.0 modem does not even handle anything over 30MBPS. I have since requested the 3.0 but how can Comcast charge me for up to 50MBPS and the modem can only handle UP TO 30MBPS? I (lease) this modem for 7.00 per month. Does Comcast not check the speed limits on modems before upgrading packages? I want my money back. (plus modem fees)

WW

New Visitor
Shelley74

Re: Modem can not handle speed paid for

What happened? I have same problem
Regular Contributor

Re: Modem can not handle speed paid for

wadewynn wrote:

I have a question. I purchased the Premier package a while ago and it says speeds up to 50MBPS. My modem went out and I had a guy come out and replace the 2.0 modem and he said this 2.0 modem does not even handle anything over 30MBPS. I have since requested the 3.0 but how can Comcast charge me for up to 50MBPS and the modem can only handle UP TO 30MBPS? I (lease) this modem for 7.00 per month. Does Comcast not check the speed limits on modems before upgrading packages? I want my money back. (plus modem fees)

WW

Call them if you are leasing & ask for a credit & tell them you want a DOCSIS 3.0 modem!