New Visitor
cketc

New Xfinity modem does work with Linksys Router.

just installed my "new and faster" Xfinity modem. It works only if connected directly to my PC but when i hook it up to my Linksys Wireless G broadbad Router (model wrt54g) i do not get an internet connection. Is there a compatablity issue between the two. I do not have this issue when i hook up the old modem.

Service Expert
Bartleby

Re: New Xfinity modem does work with Linksys Router.

This answer exists throughout the forum, in many threads,

If you change the device connected to the modem, you need to power cycle from the wall out.  If the Xfinity modem is an eMTA (including phone service), then you need to power cycle it using the recessed reset button.  (Due to the battery backup in an eMTA.)

Power cycle the modem, then the router.  When all have settled in (lights lit steadily is the general indicator) then boot up the computer.

Connection Expert
EG

What is the exact make and model number of the "Xfinity modem" ?

New Visitor
cketc

My Xfinity modem i got from Comcast is a Ubee D3.0

Connection Expert
EG

That's not the model number. That is it's capability.

New Visitor
cketc

Had to go to the Ubee website to get the model number because there was no

model number in the packing nor the unit itself. It looks like the model number is

DOC SIS 3.0 Modem U10C035.

I appreciate any help.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

Go here (PDF reader needed);

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myaccount.charter....

Go to section 2.6.2 for instructions on how to reset the modem to factory defaults. Log in to it and try it.

Instructions for logging in are also there in section 2.4

New Visitor
MTK33

I have this same problem with the same equipment. I have a ubee DDM3513 modem and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I have followed through this thread step by step with no success.

My ubee DDM3513 can not be reset to the default settings due to when I log into the modem using 192.168.100.1 and select "modem" in the upper right corner it brings me back to the modem summary page.

If there is a solution to this connectivty problem please point in the right direction.

Thanks! 

New Visitor
Highlancer

Just got comcast and I am in the same boat, trying to connect my Linksys WRT54G to the Ubee DM3513.  Anyone have a success story to share??

Thanks

Connection Expert
EG

Have you tried powercycling it by removing the power cord for a few minutes before connecting the router to it ?

Regular Contributor
07edward56

The newest Xfinity modem (black, stands vertical, & has a vertical row of light blue lights) that's shipped from a warehouse, is also a wireless router. I have one. Call 1-800-COMCAST & ask them about one. Shipping is $9.95 & the old modem will ship back free by just taking it to the UPS Store.

Connection Expert
EG

Year old thread closed.