New Visitor

No Kindle Fire connection

I have a new Kindle Fire.  It can not locate my wireless router (Microsoft mn-700).  Error message says "unable to connect to access point.  Check Password".  Several other devices (Iphone, Ipod, and laptop) communicate with the router.  I have even "opened" the wireless to be unsecured.  Still no luck.  I do not require a mac address from the devices.  I have also powered down and re-set each of the devices.  All other equipment locates and uses the router except the Fire.   The Fire will log onto the neighbor's unsecured router and connect to the internet.  So both the router and the Fire work, they just are not talking. 

Kindle support can not help because their product is working properly.   Any assistance would be appreciated.

New Visitor
3lockbox

Re: No Kindle Fire connection

I have one too and I am trying to hook it up right now. I have one hooked up on here but need a second Kindle Fire connected. I had to have comcast help to get the first one connected too.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Look at Amazon's help here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200690850#password

For the first poster, maybe the kind of encryption you are using is a problem. Maybe. 

For the second poster, I trust you've turned off the second Kindle and turned it back on again. Really rebooted it. What did Comcast do the first time? Enter the new device's MAC number?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Someone named Darren contacted me by email and asked me to post his solution to this problem ...

You put a post on a Comcast forum that I can’t reply to because I’m not a customer, it was about a kindle fire not connecting to a mn-700 router.  I have the same router and had the same problem.  To get it to work I had to go to the advanced wifi settings on the kindle and enter a static ip in the range of the router, the router ip which was the gateway ip that was listed on the router, and the dns addresses from the router.  All the router info was obtained from the Microsoft software base station utility.  If you would like to update the thread with this info, it took me 3 days to figure it, just trying to help.

Darren