New Visitor

Online Light Blinking

My "Online" light started blinking today, and I am no longer able to connect to the internet. I contacted Comcast and the customer service representative said that when the Online light is blinking, it means that the modem cannot find the IP Address. He said he could send out a service man, so I told him give me the first one available. That's in 3 days.

Does ANYONE know how I can fix this myself? 3 days is far to long and inconvenient.

Thank you!
Recognized Contributor

Re: Online Light Blinking

About the only things you can try are unplugging the cable modem, letting it sit for a minute or two, and powering it up again, and also making sure that all the connections (i.e., all the ones on the cable leading to that modem) are nice and tight.  Beyond that, you're stuck with waiting for the tech guy, I'm afraid.
Visitor

same things happening here....first available appointment was 3 days but that was not even near convenient for me...at my request i scheduled for 7 days later.  I also mentioned politely that i am considering dropping my comcast service.  WOW no blinking internet lite on the modem or service drops since then.   Go figure.   Last time this happened i cancelled the service appointment, this time i wont cancel it, let them come out and at least pretend to do something
Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]
Right.  Because you threatened to cancel your service (oh my god, we'll have only 7,999,999 subscribers!!!), they magically fixed your connection.  They were just holding out on you.

Some things really are just coincidences.

(Correction - make that 10,999,999 subscribers.  Comcast's total for HSI is now over 11 million.)

Message Edited by EarlyOut on 11-12-200606:09 PM

Visitor

[ Edited ]
Hey thanks for enlightening me...i had no clue there were such things as coincidences.   WOW a whole new world opens up!!!!!!!!!!   I really need to quit being so egotistical and stop thinking  that the loss of one lowly customer such as myself would miraculously make comcast "fix" a problem instantaneously.   Oh wait,  I never actually thought that.......hmmm....i was only commenting in my previous post about a coincidence.  

I guess i shall go to mcdonalds and add one more burger to to the 50 billion or so served. 

Message Edited by Deebatt on 11-12-200603:19 PM

Recognized Contributor

I still think you should make them send someone out for a service call.  When they get there and discover that there's nothing wrong, that'll really teach them a lesson.  It will probably be brought up at the next Board meeting.
Most Valued Poster
Drewby

Deebatt wrote:
.   Last time this happened i cancelled the service appointment, this time i wont cancel it, let them come out and at least pretend to do something

The Joke might be on you! They might charge you for a Service Call  $49 if they don't find anything Wrong!  :smileymischief:
Most Valued Poster
Most Valued Poster

It's too bad that more customers does not mean better customer service.
Visitor

Actually when i spoke to comcast tech service they REQUESTED that i keep the service appointment.....maybe that was already discussed in a prior board meeting
Recognized Contributor

Clearly, your threatened departure has scared the bejeesus out of them! :smileysilly:
New Visitor

Well, I seemed to have fixed my own problem by getting a new modem. After reading through some of the messages on this forum, some suggested that a modem may just be out of date, (Mine being 3 years old). Even works a bit faster now! :smileyhappy: