New Visitor

RCA DCM 325 modem help

The modem is only 4 months old and I have been having problems with it for the last 2-3 months. The modem will stop working and try to reset itself. For it to correctly reset each of the 5 lights should blink in sequence and then the modem will correctly work. But the only light that will blink is the indicator light for the internet. The light will constantly blink and blink. The only way for it to work again is to unplug the modem for 10 minutes or more and plug it back in. The modem seems like it is getting hot so by unplugging it gives a chance to cool down. The modem has plenty of ventilation so that is not a issue. Has anybody else had any problems like this with this modem or another modem if so any solutions?? I have called comcast and they sent a tech out who the only thing they did was to tell me they want me to buy another modem from them or rent one but I am not about to spend another $100 for a new modem. I also called RCA and they told me they don't support the modem and I should call Comcast. So if anyone has any ideas PLEASE HELP
Regular Contributor

Re: RCA DCM 325 modem help

Only problem I have had with RCA is the power cord being loose and causing the modem to constantly reboot. Try making sure the cord is secure in the back of the modem.
Most Valued Poster
Most Valued Poster
Me

Re: RCA DCM 325 modem help

Where did you get the modem from???
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...