Contributor
DSA66

Re: Cable Modem Password Reset

Can you tell me the default username and password for Comcast's Cisco DPC3008 modem?

I am addressing the setup page at 192.168.100.1, but everything is blocked by this login request.

I've tried "admin/password", and "[blank]/admin" - but these haven't worked, and I'm out of guesses. 

The modem was self-installed, by me, and I'm trying to research what I can do to solve my other problem outlined here:

25MB - even 50MB - becomes 13MB download speed through wired router/switch

...thanks!

Connection Expert
EG

Try using the recessed reset button on the rear. Depress and hold it in for about 20-30 seconds, then release. Now give it the time that it needs to fully re-synch and stabilize. Then try using admin for both the user name and the password.

Contributor
DSA66

Tried that, and still no luck - even Cisco's manual for that modem, does not list the default setup login info... however, they do mention that this modem is manufactured only for Comcast.

Connection Expert
EG

Not certain but CC may have crippled the firmware preventing access to the U.I...

Contributor
DSA66

Logical. I did read elsewhere, about them removing many user-selectable features from the Comcast version of the free router they offer.

Thanks again.

I'll keep an eye out here, in case of any future revalations by anyone.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

THis isn't a router but a modem, and as such it should have no user configurable settings,  modem settings are only settable by comcast.  http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-DOCSIS-Cable-Modem-DPC3008-CC/dp/B006IJHK96

You can often look at status on modems and error logs, but settings require a password of the day or the like.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

cjerian wrote:

THis isn't a router but a modem, and as such it should have no user configurable settings,  modem settings are only settable by comcast.  http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-DOCSIS-Cable-Modem-DPC3008-CC/dp/B006IJHK96

You can often look at status on modems and error logs, but settings require a password of the day or the like.

FWIW, I had one as well as a DPC3000 and the user name and the password were indeed changeable without needing an MSO password.

Contributor
AndrewMycoskie

so can anyone tell what the default password is?