06-26-2012 06:07 PM
I am supposed to be connecting at speeds of 25 mbps or higher, we live on Ft Lewis in WA..my office computer will not connect higher than 4 mbps. The last tech who came out(3rd) cannot figure it out. Please help.
06-27-2012 09:08 AM
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
- Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
- Plug directly into the modem (no router) via ethernet and run ShaperProbe.
Connection and trouble shooting tips (How to check signal levels.) . Info you should post to get help.
The opinions expressed here are my own and are not sanctioned by my employer.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map