06-10-2012 02:04 AM
My internet speed drastically decreased the past 2 weeks to an extreme. I usually get Mbps download and 5 upload. I am only getting .11 download speed now and it is terrible. Looking into other internet carriers in the area, but would like to get this fixed so I don't have to go anywhere. The other day it was super low and I un-installed Skype and it immediately went back to normal. However, the next day it was back to .11 or so. What to do? I really need to get this fixed as I work from home quite a lot anymore.
06-10-2012 12:12 PM
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
- Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
- Plug directly into the modem (no router) via ethernet and run ShaperProbe.
06-13-2012 10:17 PM
May I ask you when this happened, was it close to time for your bill to be due? I have noticed, every month since I switched to Comcast for my internet service, about three to five days before my bill is due my internet connect slows way down and I often get completely disconnected. If I am online when I get disconnected, Comcast makes me log back in and automatically takes me to the billing page. As soon as I pay the bill it stops until the next month when the bill is due again. I wondered if this happens to anyone else? I pay for premium service all month long, even when it's time to pay the bill. There's got to be some law against this.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map