New Visitor
mau782

Re: interruptions in internet service

The same thing has been happening to me for a while now. I signed up for XFINITY Voice, Internet and Cable about a month ago. Last week I noticed that my internet connectivity and phone line go down for hours at a time. This happens typically in the afternoon after 4PM, none of the troubleshooting tricks they told me to use works and normal service resumes on its own usually after 2-3 hours. Last night was the worst. We did not get back our phone and internet until 3:15AM!

I live in Southwest Atlanta. At first they blamed the cable splitter for the problem.  However nobody came to check it or replace it. I had to physically go to one of their centers to get a replacement and had to put it back by myself. Of course the same problem occurred later on the same night. After several phone calls, chat sessions, emails and what not, I finally got someone in customer service to admit in writing that others in my area are experiencing the same issue and that they do not know exactly what is causing it and will do anything possible to fix it. In the meantime it is getting worse and worse. This morning I called again and threatened to cancel my account if they do not send anyone to check today. If I do not hear from them in an hour I will start canceling the voice account, because I need a reliable landline at home and this is a joke and a fraud. Regardless, I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Unfortunately Comcast is my only option for high-speed internet here. The alternative is AT&T DSL which is a little too slow for my needs. Besides, I had that when I lived in Memphis a couple of years ago and I had a horrible experience with customer service there too, but I am willing to take the risk and downgrade to DSL if this issue is not sorted out immediately.

To add insult to injury today I was notified that my new bill is available online.... HA!  They are not going to see one more penny from me unless they provide what they promised when I signed the contract.

Connection Expert
EG

You could try escalating this ongoing issue via this method;

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

New Visitor
mau782

Thank you for your suggestion. I managed to get a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. 

Connection Expert
EG

Please note that if the premise facing techs can't find / fix an issue at your home, it is they who are responsible for escalating an issue to the line / maint dept. techs to investigate the neighborhood infrastructure. Good luck with it !