New Visitor
712park

Request for replacement modem

I have the Arris TG862 that has known issues.  The Comcast device list page states to request a new modem on this page , but where am I suppost to make the request?  By posting a new message? Another fantastic example of customer service by Comcast.

Arris Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem TG862G (IMS)
Device Details
Special Note on this DeviceComcast has identified a software defect on the Arris TG852 and TG862, which may cause problems for a small number of users attempting to use third party DNS services. Arris and Comcast are working to correct this issue and will deploy updated device firmware to resolve the issue. If a customer does not wish to wait for the updated firmware, the customer may go to Connectivity and Modem Help to arrange to have a replacement device provided at no cost to the customer.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Request for replacement modem

[ Edited ]

I have to agree, pointing you to this forum is pretty useless. Comcast employees do visit, but your request will probably go unnoticed.

All I can suggest is calling in, or if that fails sign up to the Comcast Direct forum here:

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/comcastdirect

There, you can have a one to one with a Comcast employee.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notifed the Administrator of the issue directing Users here.  Hopefully, someone will get it fixed. 

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Connection Expert
EG

Do  you have a Comcast office nearby ? If so, you could probably have it swapped there.

New Visitor
tangdalun

I have the same problem and also was directed here to quest a new modem.  I will take my modem to the local Comcast office tomorrow and ask the to replace it.  I don't expect any help from a forum.

Connection Expert
EG

tangdalun wrote:

I have the same problem and also was directed here to quest a new modem.  I will take my modem to the local Comcast office tomorrow and ask the to replace it.  I don't expect any help from a forum.

This is primarily a customer to customer type of help venue. Fellow customers can't replace your modem, sorry.

New Visitor
tangdalun

Thank you.  I know a fellow customer can't replace my modem, but I was directed to this forum for the specific reason of requesting a new modem.  I thought perhaps Comcast had made a mistake and actually knew what they were doing.

New Visitor
712park

That is exactly my point.  Yet Comcast directs already annoyed and frustrated customers to the forum to do so.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

As EG stated this is a customer to customer forum. I do monitor the forums but the main idea is for the forum to be customer facing. While requesting a new modem we always recommend visiting your local area office first as this will be the fastest way to have it replaced.

For the modem issue this affects mainly customers who use a 3rd party DNS such as OpenDNS. Are you having any other issues? 

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Gold Problem Solver
BruceW
Connection Expert
EG

Double DITTO !

Administrator
ComcastLarry

For customers having dns issue we can send out a replacement. Pointing customers to our forums was the best place to track all customers having issues and sending out replacements.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

I see.

If you'll notice, the two posters in this thread, and others elsewhere, arrive at the forum with no idea what to do next. If you're going to send them here, shouldn't you at least have a sticky post advising them what they should do when they get here?

Confusion is not good for customers or Comcast.

Connection Expert
Joe

I was told to go here

http://www.comcast.com/deviceupgrade/?SCRedirect=true

but it take a long time to get one

local office might be faster

Connection Expert
EG

BruceW wrote:

I see.

If you'll notice, the two posters in this thread, and others elsewhere, arrive at the forum with no idea what to do next. If you're going to send them here, shouldn't you at least have a sticky post advising them what they should do when they get here?

Confusion is not good for customers or Comcast.

Still couldn't agree more. This place is not manned by Comcast employees, let alone 24/7. It's SENSELESS to direct them to come here for this type of support.....

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

Agreed.  This makes little sense.  

Further, customers are somewhat "isolated" from the local Comcast centers now, as they do not promote a direct local number to contact them, rather one is directed to the CS line.

If one wants to attempt a swap via the local office, one needs to bring the modem in, and then see if they have anything appropriate in stock.

Based on the current operational model, the clear advice should be to have a customer desiring a swap on their modem to call Comcast CS first.

New Visitor

i was sent a letter to upgrade my modem for free the site the sent does not work can you please send me the upjrade

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Connection Expert
EG

This is mainly a customer to customer type of help venue here so you are not speaking directly to Comcast employees. Pleas re-visit the info in this thread about how to proceed.

Connection Expert
Joe

[ Edited ]

this may be what you are looking for

http://www.comcast.com/deviceupgrade/?SCRedirect=true

that is to rent

http://mynewmodem.comcast.net/

this one is to buy

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

N.M.......

New Visitor
Z522

I would like a new moden please ,   Please send me one soon?

Connection Expert
EG

Please re-read this thread from the beginning.

New Visitor

need a cable modem

Connection Expert
EG

Read up.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

comcast we are requesting a replacement modem, Keven E. Wright

Connection Expert