Contributor

Slow Connection While Using NetFlix Play

I have a NetFlix play attached wirelessly to my router.  For the past couple of weeks my video programs have been downloading significantly slower than they used to.  The player eventually gives up and switches to lower video quality.  This results in a somewhat fuzzy picture.

I am wondering if this is related to a recent change to Comcast's terms of service.  The email I received stated that high volume users would revert to slower speeds.  I wouldn't think that streaming a video would be considered high volume but who knows.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  My online backups to Dell DataSafe are also taking significantly longer.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regular Problem Solver

Re: Slow Connection While Using NetFlix Play

This has been discussed here prior and determined that streaming even the highest quality Netflix video doesn't put you at the 70% utilization necessary to be considered a heavy user, so the congestion management would not affect you.

Could be any number of things.  Have you done any speedtests or any of the things in the sticky posts?

JAGWA wrote:

I have a NetFlix play attached wirelessly to my router.  For the past couple of weeks my video programs have been downloading significantly slower than they used to.  The player eventually gives up and switches to lower video quality.  This results in a somewhat fuzzy picture.

I am wondering if this is related to a recent change to Comcast's terms of service.  The email I received stated that high volume users would revert to slower speeds.  I wouldn't think that streaming a video would be considered high volume but who knows.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  My online backups to Dell DataSafe are also taking significantly longer.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't tried any of the speed tests yet.  I'm a little new to this.  I'll review the other posts and try some of the suggested sites.  Thanks again.

New Visitor

Netflix on RoKu via Comcast  has been loading so slow the past couple of weeks.