Visitor

Slow Internet

I have consistly slow internet speeds.  Below 1.8 I'm supossed to be around 8.  The techs keep coming out and its fine for a few days then its right back down again.  I'm paying for the highest speed but not getting it what now?

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: Slow Internet

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry you are having difficulty.

We need some more information in order to be able to see how to assist you

If you would, Please CLICK HERE which will browse into your modem. From there you can navigare to the page that shows your Signal levels. If you would copy that information and paste it back here in your thread we will try to help you. Note: We are interested in your downstream Power level and SNR as well as your upstream power.

Two additional links with step by step procedures for troubleshooting and data gathering

Troubleshooting Suggestions for Connection-Related Issues

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=69354&jump=true

Information Required for Connection-related Posts

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=69355&jump=true

Visitor

internet speed

Just checked my internet speed again its even worse than before DL .98  UL 1.24  Way to go Comcast.

Connection Expert
EG

Re: internet speed

Did you do any of the stuff in the links that JamesR supplied ? You have yet to post any of the requested stuff...

Visitor

I have done all you ask too many times to count. Replied that info yesterday. My whole house has been rewired the modem replaced several times wires leading to the house replaced all signals checked many many times they all agree that there is an issue promise they.ll fix it but it keeps happening.  Now my speeds are .96 for download and 1.04 for upload.  I.ve called corporate to complain now I think I should call ATT and see about Uverse. I am truly disgusted!

Connection Expert
EG

Alrighty then. Best of luck to you sir ! :smileyhappy:

Service Expert
Bartleby

Connection Expert
EG