Regular Contributor

Slow speeds + SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present

[ Edited ]

Got a problem.  Came home today, internet was slow as heck.  Went to speedtest.net and got a speed of 1mbps down / 2mbps up.   I then reset my modem about 10 times total and kept getting this error message:

SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present

I then called your phone support, and typically, they had no clue what I was talking about.  

1st rep -  I talked to a guy, sounded like a teenager, he sent a signal to reset the modem, said the speed should be back, it wasn't.  I then told him the above error message, he told me to hold on a few minutes while he looked up the message, and like a typical phone tech, the **bleep** hung up on me.

2nd rep - Talkd a woman this time, told her what happened.  Told her what I did (power cycled, etc) and she told me there was nothing she could do.  I then tried to explain to the woman about the error message I was seeing.  She then tried to tell me that message was NOT on comcast's side, that it was a computer related problem...  So I then told the woman that she did not know what I was talking about.  I told her the errors were IN THE MODEM itself, I told her that some server was down in the area that gave my modem the config files, she had no clue what that even meant.  Then she had the nerve to tell me that I might get charged by a technician because her computer said everything was fine in my area... wow...  So then I let her send a technician out, which should arive tomorrow (Thursday)

I told the woman I refused to pay because the error messages were coming from INSIDE COMCAST'S SERVERS, it has NOTHING to do with my computer as I tested the internet using 5 different computers... 

So what do I do now?  Let the tech come to my house, replace the modem and charge me a fine?  I refuse to pay for something while the problem is within your company.

Here is my dslreports.com posts:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22530378-Speed-Extremely-slow-download-in-Mississippi-area

and

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22531577-

Please get this resolved as my internet is extremely slow and can barely use this service.

Message Edited by therealmccoy on 06-10-2009 09:35 PM
Message Edited by therealmccoy on 06-10-2009 09:35 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: Slow speeds + SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present

Im having the same error that you are having been going on since last weekend ive try rebooting my modem every few days and its still showing this error SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present. Im in Sevierville,TN

2009-06-11 00:47:24 4-Error E104.0 SW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present

2009-06-11 00:45:45 6-Notice E102.0 SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_sb5101_silver_c01.cm

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Comcast tech came out and replaced the SB5100 modem with another SB5100... 3 hours later, the modem started resetting again... and I am seeing the same errors again....

What should I do?  I already replaced the modem... what now?

Message Edited by therealmccoy on 06-12-2009 10:28 PM
Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not geting slow speeds, but I have the Motorola SB5101 and my log file has been doing this for the past week:

2009-06-24 09:02:40 4-Error E108.0 SW upgrade Failed after download - SW File corruption

2009-06-24 09:01:37 6-Notice E102.0 SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_sb5101_silver_c01.cm

The current software/firmware is  shown as:  Software Version: SB5101N-2.7.2.0-GA-00-NOSH

Message Edited by FAUguy on 06-24-2009 09:11 AM