03-21-2013 05:27 PM
Read through some forums and it said to do this so if anyone can read this and tell me if its good or bad i would apprediate it thanks
Tracing route to a1526.dscg.akamai.net [220.127.116.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 2 ms 4 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 39 ms 28 ms 28 ms 18.104.22.168
3 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms te-9-5-ur01.mendota.il.chicago.comcast.net [68.8
4 19 ms 22 ms 23 ms te-0-2-0-2-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [68
5 27 ms 22 ms 22 ms he-3-8-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
6 22 ms 20 ms 20 ms pos-1-3-0-0-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
7 18 ms 20 ms 21 ms a96-17-77-155.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com [96.
03-21-2013 05:32 PM
We need more information please:
- Post your upstream and downstream signal levels. Click the link or type: http://192.168.100.1 or http://10.0.0.1 into your browser. We are interested in your power levels (dBmV) and your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR). You may also want to contact Comcast and ask for your upstream SNR (uSNR) and receive level.
- Post your modem’s error logs.
- Post the make and model of your modem.
- Post the make and model of your router if you have one.
- Let us know if you contacted Comcast or had a tech visit.
- Let us know what the lights on your modem are doing when you are having problems.
- Plug directly into the modem (no router) via ethernet and run ShaperProbe.
03-21-2013 05:51 PM
03-21-2013 05:53 PM
the modem is a motorola and it keeps disconnecting about every half hour or so there is only one splitter on the cable coming in to the house i have checked everything in the troubleshooting guides but nothing helps
03-21-2013 09:11 PM
If you connect directly to the modem via ethernet (no router) do you still have the disconnection issue?
03-22-2013 10:13 AM
The modem is losing block sync with the system. Ever notice if the upstream power level is intermittently fluctuating higher up in to the 50 dB range ?
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map