New Visitor
schnopi

Ubee DDM3513 setup help

Hello,

I got a new Ubee DDM3513 and it is blasting fast, but sadly even after 2 hours search I still do not know how to get in to set it up properly. my W7 is set up using the modems dhcp so I was guessing connecting to the modems IP ( default gateway ) but no go there. I already tried ip and port scanner to find out if the modem had a second ip or something but on luck there either. Of course I looked online on www.ubeeinteractive.com but they do not have the DDM3513 listed ... haha what a joke, really I am a bit upset to get an device fron Comcast without a user manual or any advice in how to set this piece of equipment up.
Any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks,

schnopi

Connection Expert
EG

Re: Ubee DDM3513 setup help

I can't find any info about that device but if it is a straight modem and not a combo modem/router gateway device then there is no user configuration needed nor possible.

New Visitor
schnopi

thanks for getting back to me so quickly :smileyhappy:

I was surprised myself to not find anything on the manufactures web side :smileysad: and I am afraid you may be right that there is no user interface, in with case I will have to return it. I need something with port forwarding and be able to turn DHCP of and set up my own subnet.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

If it is indeed a straight modem then http://192.168.100.1 (barring any username and password that may be needed) should work for access but this is for viewing the status only and there won't be anything that is able to be changed by the end user in there. If it is just a straight modem and you need that stuff then you will need to use a separate router.

New Visitor
woodrow11205

I'm not seeing any instructions online or in the box the equipment came in. Is it as simple as hooking everything in and looking for a 'welcome' screen on my computer?