Contributor
seitmand
Accepted Solution

Ubee modem password & manual

I recently got Triple Play and a new Ubee (comcast supplied) modem ,  The modem didn't come with a real manual (only a small piece of paper telling me that the POWER cable gets attached to the connector labeled POWER).  So I have no way of knowing what the default user name and password is.

Is there a manual for the Ubee modem that Comcast is now using?

What is the user name and password needed to access information in my modem from 192.168.100.1

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: Ubee modem password & manual

Shouldn't be any UID or PW needed. Just put that address in your browser and hit enter and you should be good to go.
Contributor
seitmand

Oh, how I wish that were true.  However, the page requesting my username and password is sitting in front of me on my screen very clear to see.  And I cannot get past it.

FYI, I've already tried user/user, root/root, admin/admin, guest/guest and a bunch of other possible words, including leaving the field blank.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

The only other option I know of is admin/cableroot .

Contributor
seitmand

YIPPIE!  You are a genius.  That combo worked!

fwiw, the Comcast Customer Service supervisor said I wasn't allowed to have the username and password, and that he didn't even have access to it.  Beside, he said, I had no reason to need it.  After listening to me, he said he was 99.5% sure the problem with my intermittent connectivity was my router.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg