Posted by
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Ubee modem password & manual

I recently got Triple Play and a new Ubee (comcast supplied) modem ,  The modem didn't come with a real manual (only a small piece of paper telling me that the POWER cable gets attached to the connector labeled POWER).  So I have no way of knowing what the default user name and password is.

Is there a manual for the Ubee modem that Comcast is now using?

What is the user name and password needed to access information in my modem from 192.168.100.1

Posted by
Connection Expert

Re: Ubee modem password & manual

Shouldn't be any UID or PW needed. Just put that address in your browser and hit enter and you should be good to go.
Posted by
Contributor

Oh, how I wish that were true.  However, the page requesting my username and password is sitting in front of me on my screen very clear to see.  And I cannot get past it.

FYI, I've already tried user/user, root/root, admin/admin, guest/guest and a bunch of other possible words, including leaving the field blank.

Posted by
Cable Expert

The only other option I know of is admin/cableroot .

Posted by
Contributor

YIPPIE!  You are a genius.  That combo worked!

fwiw, the Comcast Customer Service supervisor said I wasn't allowed to have the username and password, and that he didn't even have access to it.  Beside, he said, I had no reason to need it.  After listening to me, he said he was 99.5% sure the problem with my intermittent connectivity was my router.

Posted by
Cable Expert
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments