Contributor
packetgroper

Walled Garden Issues

I don't know if anyone here can assist me, but I figured I'd give it a shot.  I install Comcast Modems/EMTA's on a regular basis per subcontracting work, and am having some issues as far as modem provisioning.

25% the time the new modem install's act nicely, run through the Activation Server, and install correctly. 

The other 75% of the time either Activation Server doesn't even load, or the modem comes in "hot" (as in already activated) in which case I need to call Comcast ARU (Tier 1 Support) where sometimes (if you get the right tech) they can "do what ever they do" to get the activation server to load but most of the time they have no clue and I get gigged (loss of pay) for not running the activation server. 

Is there anyone out there who knows the exact Walled Garden process so that I can at least tell the tech's what they need to do?  I am basically just trying to get the details as to how the whole process works... 

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide...

Connection Expert
Joe

Re: Walled Garden Issues

One of the administrator here will know more

what you said is the same thing I know about the walled garden process

I will ask one to post here.

The only thing I can think of is to call comcast and ask for a higher tech and setup a plan to call just one tech to get thing going right

Contributor
packetgroper

[ Edited ]

Thanks a bunch, bud.  Any help would be appreciated as it would save me a ton of time per day.  As far as getting a dedicated dispatch tech... I won't even go there, as I'm sure this message board has profanity filters... lol

Connection Expert
Joe

packetgroper wrote:

Thanks a bunch, bud.  Any help would be appreciated as it would save me a ton of time per day.  As far as getting a dedicated dispatch tech... I won't even go there, as I'm sure this message board has profanity filters... lol

Yes it does have a filter

I will get one email for every  profanity word said

Contributor
packetgroper

[ Edited ]

withdrawn.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

N.M. Withdrawn.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi - I don't have detailed insight into backend provisioning systems. Since your question involves proprietary information, it may be more prudent to address this with your immediate leadership. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin