New Visitor
Accepted Solution

What does it mean when the DS LED on Ubee D3.0 cable modem is blue?

What does it mean when the DS LED on Ubee D3.0 cable modem is solid blue?

I just installed a Ubee DOCSIS 3.0 Model U10C035 cable modem for my Xfinity/Comcast service in Baltimore County, Maryland. The LEDs are different from what I was used to with my old Motorola cable modem. The DS LED is blue (!), while the other four LEDs are green. The ETHNET LED is blinking green. The others are solid in color.

My question is: why is the DS LED blue rather than green?

Does this indicate some sort of problem, or is it normal? My Internet access seems, if anything, much faster than it was with the old modem. Is that my imagination playing tricks on me, or could it really be faster?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me ... 

Connection Expert
EG

Re: What does it mean when the DS LED on Ubee D3.0 cable modem is blue?

I believe this means that you are on an upgraded to DOCSIS 3 system that has multiple bonded downstream channels. Browse to http://192.168.100.1 and look for a "Signals" button or tab. Click on it and if you see more than one "DS" channel, that will confirm it.

New Visitor

EG wrote:

I believe this means that you are on an upgraded to DOCSIS 3 system that has multiple bonded downstream channels. Browse to http://192.168.100.1 and look for a "Signals" button or tab. Click on it and if you see more than one "DS" channel, that will confirm it.

Thanks .... what I get is (after login with Username: user and Password: user) a "Cable Modem Navigation" page. If I select "Downstream" on that page, I then see a "Cable Modem Downstream" page. On it I see 4 columns: DS-1, DS-2, DS-3, and DS-4. Each seems to have roughly identical information in it. Does that mean that I have "more than one DS channel" in use?

Connection Expert
EG

If they each show a "locked" downstream frequency then the answer is yes.

New Visitor

EG wrote:

If they each show a "locked" downstream frequency then the answer is yes.

Thanks ... it looks like I'm indeed on an upgraded to DOCSIS 3 system that has multiple bonded

downstream channels, as all 4 of my channels show "Y/Y/Y"  for "Lock Status (QAM Lock/FEC Sync/MPEG Lock)". I gather that the solid blue DS LED is telling me this. I could not find a reference in the Ubee User Guide for the modem that discusses the meaning of solid blue for this LED.

Regular Contributor

I have the same modem but my DS light is orange when the channels are bonded.