New Visitor

Where to file a formal complaint?

Where do I file a formal complaint against Comcast? I am more than sick & tired of the crappy service they've provided me. For over 2 months now I've had to pay for service I do not have. I've called, called, called... I've requested a supervisor come out, I've requested supervisors over the phone... do I ever get one? No. The CS reps do not help. I've been told I'm not priority, I've been told since I'm rural - I just have to wait... I've waited over 2 months and my service has YET to be fixed. I was told by a Comcast rep I could get credit for my downtime but not until it was fixed and if I rec'd the credit before my service was fixed I may not get credit for downtime after the credit without fighting for it. Comcast is not worth fighting for. If I had another choice of provider - Comcast would have been canceled a long time ago - however, it's the ONLY cable provider here and I can't get DSL where I am. My work depends on my service. I also take some online College classes that depend on my service... and my service is rarely in service.  For example. Friday ALL day - no service till 11pm. We went down Saturday morning about 8am and didn't come back on til Saturday night at 10:30pm... down again when I woke up Sunday AM and out until Sun night about 11pm... down again ALL day Monday and today - I have to resort to dial-up just to post this message. It's been this way - way too long. Comcast don't mind sending out bills and demanding payment but when it comes to the customer not having service, they just play games. I must pay for a service yet they don't make much effort to keep me IN service. I've had Comcast for over a year now and the problems just started about 2-3 months ago. I've had many techs come out. The replaced my modem (claiming that was the issues) and now charge me for their modem... they've buried a new line in my yard, replaced everything they could on MY end and I still have no service. They don't seem to be in sync with the techs and reps and keep me going in circles. Every time I call, I get reps out of state or reps who tell me they can't do anything. One rep says they can't dispatch someone out another rep says they can. One rep says it's the techs fault for not reporting it correctly, etc.  I've had issues with reps not noting my account, with guys coming out to work and no working, etc. I'm just **bleep**. So, if anyone can tell me where I cam file a complaint and get my little voice heard, I'd appreciate it. If it matters, my services comes out of White House, TN. This is just insane. Thanks.
Most Valued Poster

Re: Where to file a formal complaint?

You can do alot of ways.
1. Call the call center and ask for a supervisor
2. Go to local payment center to complain.

Regular Problem Solver

As a last resort, near the end of your monthly bill there should be a line of fine print beginning, "Your Franchise Authority is: ... ." Those are the people who have a very large club to wield when there are unresolved service disputes.
Most Valued Poster
Most Valued Poster

tnchick,

You could try contacting the Comcast Executive Complaint Center.  You can find the contact information by doing a Google search for Comcast Executive Complaint Center, clicking on the first search result and scrolling about two-thirds of the way down the page.
New Visitor

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the options given! I will most certainly look into this. As far as calling in to ask for a supervisor - I've done that, more than once. Every time I'm told I can't speak to one, that I must leave a name/number and one will call me within 24hrs. However, I've never rec'd a call. Argh.

As far as "As a last resort, near the end of your monthly bill there should be a line of fine print beginning, "Your Franchise Authority is: .." Thanks!! I pay online and will have to dig up a bill to find this information!!

And as far as "you can find the contact information by doing a Google search for Comcast Executive Complaint Center" I will google it when my cable comes back up - likely about 11pm tonight. I'm using my Mom's dialup now and surfing the web is painful LOL

Message Edited by tnchick on 11-28-200604:58 PM

Most Valued Poster
Swiper-the-Fox

How about describing your problem here to see what we can offer for assistance.

Alot of times, we can see what your problem is, and we can provide you with enough ammo to get the people on the phone to pay attention and help !!!

Always remember, if someone is nice to you, you 'll be nice back.   vice versa when you need help.   Be nice to them, and they'll bend over backwards to be nice back.    try it, you'll like it

New Visitor

Does the TN at the beginning of your name imply you're from tennessee?

I'm from North GA, Dalton area to be exact, and having very similar issues.
Bronze Star Contributor

It is most interesting to note that here in the SLC, UT area, there is NO phone number to connect with the local payment/service center :-)

I called the "local" number on my bill, and in the course of the conversation, asked for the number to the local center. The woman read me the same number that I had called, to talk to her <g> I asked how to navigate the voice menu to arrive at the local place, and she claimed to be checking, and came back rather sheepishly, saying that there was no number listed, and no way to get into the local center.

I suppose it might be questionable business practice for a company not to allow a customer to contact a service center. What I have learned in my 6 month, $20/month  trial of the service is, that  Comcast is an overwhelming monopoly in many places, and as such, they are not obligated to offer any useful support for their product.  One customer here or there is just not gonna matter.

When my time is up, so will be my time with comcast, as I will be dropping the  internet, as well as my catv and phone service. I would rather do without, than feed the billionaires who steal from us every day.

Competition is a good thing. I can't wait until it is provided in the internet/catv playground.

John
Service Expert
Again

bhs73 wrote:
It is most interesting to note that here in the SLC, UT area, there is NO phone number to connect with the local payment/service center :-)

I called the "local" number on my bill, and in the course of the conversation, asked for the number to the local center. The woman read me the same number that I had called, to talk to her <g> I asked how to navigate the voice menu to arrive at the local place, and she claimed to be checking, and came back rather sheepishly, saying that there was no number listed, and no way to get into the local center.

I suppose it might be questionable business practice for a company not to allow a customer to contact a service center. What I have learned in my 6 month, $20/month  trial of the service is, that  Comcast is an overwhelming monopoly in many places, and as such, they are not obligated to offer any useful support for their product.  One customer here or there is just not gonna matter.

When my time is up, so will be my time with comcast, as I will be dropping the  internet, as well as my catv and phone service. I would rather do without, than feed the billionaires who steal from us every day.

Competition is a good thing. I can't wait until it is provided in the internet/catv playground.

John

John, sorry you're having problems, but since most of the time cable company services are decided by your local municipality, call the City Commission and complain about the problems with Comcast hat you've been having.  Without input, your commissions has nothing to go on except "status quo".  If enough people contact them, at contract renewal time, the commission will take everything in to consideration and make changes if necessary.
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---

"I am you and you are me. Teach me about you and I will teach you about me, and we'll find we aren't so different after all."
--- © James Scott 2012

Contributor
Anon1346290a

tnchick -- You might also want to report them to your local better business bureau. The Better business bureau not only lets others see all of the complaints lodged against a company, but also shows whether the company attempted to resolve the issue in a reasonable time/manner.

If the Better business bureau gets enough complaints for any one particular company over a period of time, they might also refer them to whatever investigative authorities...
Dancing is Lifes Elixer. Dance until you are drunk, then dance some more!...
New Visitor

[ Edited ]
Hello Swiper the Fox:

I am getting really frustrated with this compant (COMCAST), When I ordered service at the place I rented for a few weeks until I could move into where I am now, they offered me free installation, also the man was a new installer he totally tore up the wall, there was some problem with the connection so instead of pulling the wire out of the wall, he pulled it up the wall, really, huge hole and unsightly, tthen he could not get my internet service up and running, he told me it was my computer. I knew it wasn't because before I moved here it was hooked up to cable and without a problem, so I reformatted it and lost all my school work and other valuable stuff. IIt still would not connect, so I called the customer service office and the agent said that the box needed to reset, because the addresss was not registered. Then he left me two wall plates for an 18 inch hole and they were defiinitely not wide enough either, so you know what that meant, I did not get my deposit back. So, because of all of this they told me I could have a HD/DVR box for the price of the HD box for 6 monthd, I am being billed the full amount. But wait, I went to the comcast store in Oroville to exchange my HD box for the DVR box and I asked the young boy behind the counter if I could speak to the manager, he then proceeded to tell me he was the closest thing to a manager that I was going to get, so I told him I needed to exchange this box, and he got all snotty with me, refused to give me a DVR box, and then refused to let me have the box I brought in with me back, then when I asked for his name so I could call the office, he refused to give it to me. Then to cover his rear-end, he wrote a report that I refused to take it. He could have caused me a big bill, if that box had come up missing as I am responsible for that box until I return it and get a receipt. I had to call the 800 number and have them bring me one out. And they billed me for installation and they are telling me there is nothing they can do about it because that bill has been closed out. I have been calling them and asking how come I do not see any of the money (150.00 credit) on my bills that I gave to you at the time of istallallation and tonight is the first I knew that I had been charged for installation and on top of that they never transfere the little bit that was left over to my new residence. These people are flat out to rip you off and I am checking into other services to replace them, and I would like the money I paid for my deposit back, and the DVR at the price of the HD as I was promised, and the return of my installation on a free intall promo, as I was wquoted when I ordered the service.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me with this situation,

<personal info removed>

Message Edited by Michael on 12-27-2007 01:11 PM
Bronze Problem Solver

outlawhoneyxo;
This is a user to user public customer forum. I suggest you remove your phone number.

You have posted to a thread that is a year old. I suggest you create a new thread detailing your problem and we other users will try to help you. Again, remove your phone number.