New Visitor
kurtpnilson

Xfinity Activation

When I try to get on the internet, I keep getting an alert message  - Oops, you have not activated your Xfinity account - and it won't let me go any further until I yet again download the application and set it up.  I have done this at least four times.  Each time I have gotten the congratulations message that I am now set up.  What can I do to fix this?

Connection Expert
EG

Re: Xfinity Activation

[ Edited ]

Call in and let them know. Perhaps it is a provisioning issue with the modem.

New Visitor
paulblec1

I've been getting the same thing sporadically for the last week and a half.  I've called in 5 times so far,each time teh issue comes back within 10 to 12 hours. I'm about ready to give up and dump comcast.  I was surprised too to find out that the tech support folks don't keep track of issues with a trouble ticket.  I had even asked for escalation but didn't get it.  I'm pretty disappointed so far.

Visitor
kugzilla

10-10-201110:53 PM

As have I. It started Sept 27 "Cannot communicate with DNS server or DNS Server is down." messages. Running my own SB6120. For near 9 months.Have NOT made any changes to router. To modem. To firewall or anything whatsoever. And now? Oops. I'm a new customer with a self install kit? When I get a tech on the phone. She wants to reset my modem. But she can't see it from her end. But I'm getting the Comcast page. I entered my account number and phone number over 100x over the next week. A tech arrives on Oct 7th. Of course 5 mins before he knocks on my door. The comcast self installation new account page accepts my account number & phone number. It activates my "new" modem that has never moved since it was purchased over 9 months ago. I have an XPS Doc print out of my modem being activated. The tech comes in. I figured he did something outside. He said he did nothing. But takes MY modem and replaced it with a Ubee U10C035 cuz my SB 6120 is missing a file. 1 day later I'm getting the "Cannot communicate with DNS server or DNS Server is down." message again. Now he did run a speed test and iwas consistantly 65-68k down and 10k up. and I only pay for the boost.  I also want to point out my SB6120 consistantly 40k up and 3 k down that I have had it.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

kurtpnilson wrote: ... alert message  - Oops, you have not activated your Xfinity account ...
It's probably a Comcast problem, but it would not surprise me if some ambitious person wrote a piece of malware to imitate this. Could you copy and paste the URL for us? Thanks.
Regular Contributor
kim0620

as far as i know... this activation page will come if you made any changes on the account, like upgrade or downgrade or if your service has been turned off or turned back on or if you have change your modem... now if none of those happened to you recently then its possible you don't have a comcast email address yet... that's base on experience with the reps...

New Visitor
paulblec1

I had been using the chat with tech support and the folks responding there had (by their reporting) reprovisioned my modem 3 times.  When the issue came back the next tech would say that it wasn't completely provisioned.  I honestly suspected that was a regular test response.  I think I will call and speak to a tech now since the folks answering chat don't seem to be able to resolve this.

Regular Contributor
kim0620

it would really be best to give them a call... :smileyhappy:

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

paulblec1 wrote:

I had been using the chat with tech support and the folks responding there had (by their reporting) reprovisioned my modem 3 times. 

Don't use chat. Just don't.