New Visitor
KennethLeung
Accepted Solution

Xfinity wifi usage?

Hi all,
If I have 250gb bandwidth limit, and I use xfinity wifi hotspot, will the wifi usage be deducted from my 250gb data usage? Thanks a lot
Connection Expert
EG

Re: Xfinity wifi usage?

[ Edited ]

FWIW, the cap has been currently suspended in all but two areas Tucson, AZ. and Nashville, Tenn. where a 300 GB cap and an overage pricing plan is being tested.

I believe the answer to your question is no. It would be only traffic that crosses your cable modem at home that is subject to it.

New Visitor
KennethLeung

Hey EG, I'm new to Comcast Internet. I was looking in to my Current Data Usage and saw this "enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended" Do you know what it means? Thanks EG

Connection Expert
EG

It means exactly that. There is currently no cap except for those two test areas. When Comcast finally comes up with a plan after the testing is completed they will reinstate the cap systemwide. It will likely be larger than the 250 GB it once was. There will also likely be overage charges if one exceeds the new cap amount. Example; $10.00 for each additional 50 GB over. This is all speculation but is a likely scenario.