Contributor

anyone having problems connecting to xbox live

While it seemed like xbox live itself had some issues that started last night, and while they may still have some issues. it seems like a good chunk of the users unable to connect to xbox live are comcast users. anyone able to connect??!
Networking Expert
Baric

Re: anyone having problems connecting to xbox live

The reason you see a "good chunk" of Comcast users having trouble is because Comcast is one of the largest ISP's in the country.  By definition, any widespread problem (like with the Xbox Live systems) is going to include a "good chunk" of Comcast customers.  Be careful not to drawn erroneous conclusions from that kind of anecdotal data.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

Wow. That post disappeared fast !!

Thanks to whomever for makin' me look nuts :smileyshocked: :smileysad: :smileysilly:

No longer necessary post deleted.

Message Edited by EG on 11-22-2008 04:25 PM
Regular Contributor

I would like to know why my internet went to **bleep** after 2-3 months of good service. I mean I would play on xbox live pretty much for most of the summer but then all of a sudden my internet was all lag.

oh and another comcast tech is coming in on Monday to say its fine then they will leave then it will lag again. Its a never ending cycle. I wish Verizon was in my area so I could get some good internet service. (sigh)

Connection Expert
EG

comcast-slow wrote:

I would like to know why my internet went to **bleep** after 2-3 months of good service. I mean I would play on xbox live pretty much for most of the summer but then all of a sudden my internet was all lag.

oh and another comcast tech is coming in on Monday to say its fine then they will leave then it will lag again. Its a never ending cycle. I wish Verizon was in my area so I could get some good internet service. (sigh)

Please go back to your own thread which unfortunately turned to **bleep** due to a troller instead of now hijacking someone else's thread and do the stuff in these links to the self troubleshooting sticky topics, then post the requested stuff there.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=69354&jump=true

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=69355&jump=true

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

well its fine on computer but when im trying to play on xbox live thats where the problems are and its not my xbox cause i sent it in and they sent it back said no problems. so i dont know here i should run the ping/tracert tests to and nobody felt like helping me out with that so i have nothing to tell you other then that i hate comcast and i want a different isp but ther is no one else to choose from. oh and guy dont call me guy ok im paying for comcasts bull i should get some more respect.

Message Edited by comcast-slow on 11-22-2008 08:46 PM

Message Edited by comcast-slow on 11-22-2008 08:47 PM
Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

Giving respect may beget respect.

What's wrong with the term "guy" ?

It wasn't meant to be offensive on my part ! I offered to help you.. Hello !!!! :smileysad:

You didn't post any of the requested info...

Have fun ! :smileyhappy:

Maybe a CC employee will help you.

Message Edited by EG on 11-22-2008 11:51 PM
Regular Contributor

well as i stated i dont know where to send it to get info on why im lagging when im on xbl
Regular Problem Solver
johkal

Are you connected via the wireless adapter or via ethernet?
Networking Expert
Baric

comcast-slow wrote:
well as i stated i dont know where to send it to get info on why im lagging when im on xbl

You don't send it anywhere, you post it here for diagnosis.