New Visitor
Csmith52

arris tm722 modem issue

I have an Arris TM722 modem & the 5th light from the right is blinking Orange...I believe this is the online button. Does anyone know what this blinking is from?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: arris tm722 modem issue

Hello,

The blinking means that you are connected to the internet.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

More specifically, it doesn't necessarily guarantee that one is "on the internet". There could still be a connectivity issue where you don't really have internet access. It specifically means that the modem is in block sync mode with the CMTS/system if it is lit *SOLIDLY*.

Contributor
lgkrohn

Could you explain that a little further? Should the fifth light (online) be blinking orange?
Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

According to the manual (and most, if not all other modems I've ever seen) the "Online" light should be lit steadily (regardless of the color and should not blinking) indicating that the modem is in sync mode with the Comcast system. Only the "Link" light may or may not be blinking depending on a particular modem's firmware load / instruction coding and in some cases, the level of activity. Sync mode is a MUST in order to have connectivity to the internet.

Are you experiencing any connectivity issues ?

Contributor
lgkrohn

We reset the modem because it was running real slow and it seemed to help but that was at least an hour ago and it is still blinking (but it looks more yellow than orange).
Contributor
lgkrohn

Correction, it is the "link" light that is blinking yellow/orange when it should be green. What does this mean and how is it fixed?
Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

'Tis normal, for the link light to flash, just means you are connected. It will flash green with a GB connection.

Regular Contributor

I have this modem and the "online" light blinks orange. All other lights are solid green. I'm getting 52 mb down on the blast service and everything seems fine. SOme people are saying this light should be solid????

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

If you have the 722G it's normal for the "link" light to flash orange with a 10/100 ethernet connection. Look again at the lights, are you sure it's the "online" light?....The "link" light should flash green with a 10/100/1000 ethernet connection. The "online" light should be solid green when online.