New Visitor

help with connect to kindle

I have a kindle that I am trying to connect to my Comcast wi fi, it is asking for my wireless password.  How do i get that since i cannot remember when i first signed up, or how to to change to a new password so I can connect?

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: help with connect to kindle

If you don't know what it is and don't have some other wireless device that might tell you, your options are limited.

1. Some routers (and wireless devices) allow you to view the wireless passphrase in plaintext, so you can try that using the router's web admin interface (assuming you remember THAT password).

2.  If you can log in to the router and it won't tell you what the passphrase is directly, you can simply change it then and use the new passphrase.  You will have to go and make the same change in any existing wireless devices that used the old passphrase.  And I would recommend writing it down somewhere and keeping it safe, like you do with your important papers.

3. If you can't even login into the router's web admin interface, then you've no choice but to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch.  See your router's manual for the exact reset sequence, it usually involves pressing and holding a recessed switch on the back of the device for some number of seconds.