07-12-2012 11:26 AM
I have had nothing but the runaround from Comcast, so much that I had to contact the President of the NE region. Now my internet is SLOWER THAN AOL DIAL UP. I have to wait at least an additional hour a day trying to complete my tasks. IT SUCKS BIG TIME.
07-12-2012 11:32 AM
if your connection is that slow you need to get a tech out to see what the issue is. is this a new install, a new issue, old issue. What has been done by you or comcast to try to fix the issue.?
07-12-2012 11:50 AM - edited 07-12-2012 12:01 PM
I've moved your topic to the Connection forum where the connection experts may be able to help you.
1) How long has this been happening?
2) What is the make/model of the modem you are currently using? What is the make/model of the new one they sent you?
3) What security (firewall and antivirus) are you using?
4) Is there a router involved? If so are you connected by wire to the router or is it a wireless connection? If there are other computers on the network do they also experince this issue?
5) Do you have ANY Comcast/Xfinity software installed?
6) Please read this topic and post your modem signal levels, traceroute, and ping results.
Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.
07-15-2012 07:02 PM
2) arris old-cisco DCP3008 *I have cataracts.
3) Your Norton
5) yes, eight years
6) it is not my job to troubleshoot, it's YOUR job. Again, this is part of the reason Comcast is the fourth most hated company in the USA per a recent report on ABC Nightly News.
7) put a couple of amps on the line. I used to work at Comcast.
07-15-2012 07:31 PM
This is a user to user help forum. If you want help, we need more info. Otherwise you should just schedule a tech visit.
Connection and trouble shooting tips (How to check signal levels.) . Info you should post to get help.
The opinions expressed here are my own and are not sanctioned by my employer.
07-18-2012 01:10 AM
|Status||HW/FW Versions||Event Log||CM State||RIP|
|Freq/Power:||723.000 MHz||-3 dBmV|
|Signal to Noise Ratio:||37 dB|
|Freq/Power:||30.100 MHz||45 dBmV|
|Channel Type:||DOCSIS 2.0 (ATDMA)||Symbol Rate:||5120 kSym/sec||Modulation:||QAM64|
|System Uptime:||4 days 5h:56m:19s|
|CM Status:||Telephony-AC Power Iso OFF Reg Complete|
|Time and Date:||WED JUL 18 00:09:03 2012|
|Interface Name||Provisioned||State||Speed||MAC address||LAN||Enabled||UP||100 (Full)||00-15-A3-C0-8C-24||CABLE||Enabled||UP||----||00-15-A3-C0-8C-25||USB||Enabled||DOWN||12||00-15-A3-C0-8C-27||MTA||Enabled||UP||----||00-15-A3-C0-8C-26|
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map