Contributor

ixfinity slow. its the modem and not the router how do you get new modum

why is my internet slower now that i have xfinity

we have a main hardwired and 3 networked computers. The main one obviously is faster (not much)but ever since we got upgraded its slow. WAY SSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWW. I have called and called 800 comcast and even  spoke to the guy down the street whi works for comcast? My dad is a network analyst and blames it on the modum. Comcast says its our netgear router.. My dad verified its not the router,   It is so slow I cannot even explain..also please know, there are no caches that need to be cleared and so on-its comcasts modum. IS THERE A WAY TO PROVE that its their modem and not my router? Its so upsetting paying so much money for the internet through Comcast and not even want to sign on becasue of the delays! My son cant even play his games on his laptop  that we pay fees for due to the speed issues. I am missing deadlines at work and so on. HELP

Contributor

internet connection SLOW since xfinity upgrade

why is my internet slower now that i have xfinity

we have a main hardwired and 3 networked computers. The main one obviously is faster (not much)but ever since we got upgraded its slow. WAY SSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWW. I have called and called 800 comcast and even  spoke to the guy down the street whi works for comcast? My dad is a network analyst and blames it on the modum. Comcast says its our netgear router.. My dad verified its not the router,   It is so slow I cannot even explain..also please know, there are no caches that need to be cleared and so on-its comcasts modum. IS THERE A WAY TO PROVE that its their modem and not my router? Its so upsetting paying so much money for the internet through Comcast and not even want to sign on becasue of the delays! My son cant even play his games on his laptop  that we pay fees for due to the speed issues. I am missing deadlines at work and so on. HELP

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: internet connection SLOW since xfinity upgrade

xfinity is just a brand name no effect on speed.

In order to capture your modem signal levels:

Open your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.)
Type the Modem Address in the Address Bar. (192.168.100.1) and hit Enter.
Navigate to the Signals Page
Highlight the information . Hold Left Mouse button down and drag the mouse across the information.
Right Click the Highlighted information
Left Click "Copy" (This will copy the info into the Computer Clipboard)
Then create another Reply here in your thread and right click in the thread and then left click on Paste

Contributor

[ Edited ]

NOTE- It seem as if its the NEW modum or something that has to do with upgrading from my prioir modum as everyone in the house-main computer, 3 wireless computers are just simply too slow since this Infinity conversion. I didnt mean to say 'since the infinity' upgrade. I really meant ot say since we flat out upgraded something is not right. Even calling and doing a speed test the other day is was somwhing like 3.26  download time with high pings. The comcast rep reset something that seemed to help- only for a few hours though. Currently I just ran a  new speed test and its not too bad (of course now that I have help :smileyhappy: ) the test was 8.17 download speed / 44 pings.    here is the info you advised me to paste: pls note there was no signal option -only these options:

STATUS  or HW.FW  or EVENT LOG or CM STATE  or RIP. I hoghlighted the main page after entering IP addy as you said. PLease let me know if I am missing something.  THANKS SO MUCH:smileygrin:

RF Parameters

Downstream   Freq/Power: 537.000 MHz 3 dBmV     Signal to Noise Ratio:  34 dB     Modulation: QAM256  

Upstream   Freq/Power: 30.600 MHz 37 dBmV     Channel Type: DOCSIS 2.0 (ATDMA)     Symbol Rate: 5120 kSym/sec     Modulation: QAM64  

Status System Uptime: 2 days 16h:41m:1s Computers Detected: 0 CM Status: Telephony-AC Power Iso OFF Reg Complete Time and Date: TUE FEB 01 18:57:20 2011

Interface Parameters Interface Name Provisioned State Speed MAC address LAN Enabled UP 100 (Full) 00-15-D1-B0-8D-B7 CABLE Enabled UP ---- 00-15-D1-B0-8D-B8 MTA passWithWarnings UP ---- 00-15-D1-B0-8D-B9

Contributor

sorry for not spell checking

Contributor

FYI, the post took out alot of the HTML and not everything I highlighted was actually pasted to the post above after entering my IP test

Connection Expert
JamesR

Not to worry, your signal levels look ok, as does your spelling.

Can you please post some trace routes to the sites you are interested in reaching

The other thing would be to call in and make sure you have the ritght configuration file in your modem

Connection Expert
EG

Re: ixfinity slow. its the modem and not the router how do you get new modum

alannahere wrote:

IS THERE A WAY TO PROVE that its their modem and not my router?

Yeah. Take the router out of the equation and if you still have the issue then it's not the router..