New Visitor
dgh1

making comcast.net my internet home page

Hi, I was a former aol user and it has always been the opening home page when I open my internet. I switched to comcast a few years ago but still have access to any aol mail.  Although I switched to comcast, my internet still opens to aol and recently I've been having a lot of connection issues opening internet explorer.  My children have computers and never have issues when I do and we all have comcast.(And they don't have aol on their computers)  I work from home so it's really important that I don't have connectivity problems.  I've been having problems all day logging in & was just somehow able to bypass aol and bingo I'm online. I have alot of antivirus software & the computer's fairly new so I don't think that's the issue. I know I probably sound crazy with this question, but after all the aggravation I've had recently, I'm willing to try anything. How do I cancel out the aol home page so it opens right to comcast.net?  Thanks for any help.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Re: making comcast.net my internet home page

Hi dgh1,

If you want to make comcast your home page, go to that home page, (comcast.net), Click Tools>Internet Options>click on use current, or type in any page of your choice. 

Hope this helps.:smileywink:

ciao, bj 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

dgh1 wrote:

Hi, I was a former aol user and it has always been the opening home page when I open my internet. I switched to comcast a few years ago but still have access to any aol mail.  Although I switched to comcast, my internet still opens to aol and recently I've been having a lot of connection issues opening internet explorer.  My children have computers and never have issues when I do and we all have comcast.(And they don't have aol on their computers)  I work from home so it's really important that I don't have connectivity problems.  I've been having problems all day logging in & was just somehow able to bypass aol and bingo I'm online. I have alot of antivirus software & the computer's fairly new so I don't think that's the issue. I know I probably sound crazy with this question, but after all the aggravation I've had recently, I'm willing to try anything. How do I cancel out the aol home page so it opens right to comcast.net?  Thanks for any help.

What antivirus software do you have? If you have more than 1 running, they can conflict with each other, causing issues and system slowdown.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
CCCarole

To make www.comcast your homepage:

Click on Tools>Internet Options. If you see aol or another homepage there, highlight it and click on delete on your keyboard.  Then type in http://www.comcast.net and click OK.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Connection Expert
EG

Moved to the Web Browsers Forum for better visibility/response. Click on the above link to follow it there.

Frequent Visitor

click on tools scrol down click on internet option ,type homepage you like,on the bottom click apply

Connection Expert
EG

FWIW, the thread that you replied to is a year old and is now closed.